Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The important thing of being earnest!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boykins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: The important thing of being earnest! Reply with quote

All of plots, I am likest Earnest asked his lover to marry with him. I watched the movie which published in 2002. THis is absolutely a good one about the tale. Do you want to share some opinion? Shocked
I like glabol village, we are friends, co-worker and family members. If we can use English to communicate our meanings or opinions; then, the world wide views will help us to get more knowledge, give, take, and improve whatever.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually called "The Importance of being Earnest", and it's probably Oscar Wilde's most popular play. It is still often performed today even though it was written around 1895. The dialogue is very witty and pokes fun at a lot of the nonsense that Victorian society indulged in.
Cristi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugachevV wrote:
It's actually called "The Importance of being Earnest", and it's probably Oscar Wilde's most popular play. It is still often performed today even though it was written around 1895. The dialogue is very witty and pokes fun at a lot of the nonsense that Victorian society indulged in.

It is witty indeed!!! It's one of my favourite plays, though I've never seen it on stage... Wish I could do someday!

Oscar Wilde's the best Wink

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Mark Twain.
suesummers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it too! Especially Cecily Cardew and Lady Bracknell.
TEFLLab Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: IT CAME UP TODAY! Reply with quote

At this morning's session in Bloomsbury square, we were talking to the teacher trainees about learner styles and affective filters. our course leader Will mentioned the story of when a particularly shy Japanese student had opened up completely in class and produced a lot of language when it was mentioned that Oscar Wilde had once lived close by..
As teachers, we're always looking for ways to inspire you to speak!
Stephanie S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this play! I just posted about it today on my Google+ page! ;D
https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/100592971863357401532/stream/4e3a464e-595e-400d-9241-cb7c58dcd835
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: