Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Horrible Experience
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chanell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: A Horrible Experience Reply with quote

It happened five years ago.I followed with my parents and their friends to a beach for holiday.At first,we enjoyed ourselves.We ate a lot of seafood and joined in some parties in the evernings.Of course,swimming was the main activitive,so we almost swam everyday.
Laughing
That day,we went swimming as same as usual.When we just went to into water,I found one thing was getting closer to me.I felt very strange,then wanted to know what was up.Soon I saw that it seemed to be a person,but he didn't breath out of water.I screamed to my parents at once,and I only remembered when I woke up,I still felt terrible.It was said that the person had bead for several weeks.He died with his girlfriend in order to prove their real love.
Sad
From that on,I haven't been to beach again.Because I see a beach,it will cause that terrible memory. Razz
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A Horrible Experience Reply with quote

Chanell wrote:
It was said that the person had bead for several weeks.

I dont understand "bead"

Quote:
He died with his girlfriend in order to prove their real love.

Idiocy

Take care,

Corey
M�rcio Os�rio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A Horrible Experience Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Chanell wrote:
It was said that the person had bead for several weeks.
I dont understand "bead"

I think Chanell meant "... had been dead".

m
ugrid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: ghost Reply with quote

Do you believe in ghost ?
In my opinion I think I don't believe in the ghost. In the meaning of the ghost, in my opinion I think it is some kind of phenomenon that can not prove in scientific method. The ghost is different from the soul. The soul is the form of human being after dead. The souls will com out of the body after you stop breathing (I mean you die). In the scientific method we can explain the meaning of the soul in the way of the energies that exist in the world. You don't know where the soul is. Because nobody knows what's the soul look like? Or how does the soul know itself that it's a dead guy? Except you kill yourself and find the answer if you really want to know what it is.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Quote:

He died with his girlfriend in order to prove their real love.

Idiocy

Is it? I think, it is easy to judge something, without knowing, what was going on in the lives of the boy and girl, who committed suicide... why did they do it? Why should two persons be so full of despair, that they see the only future for their love in death? I guess, if they were alive, they would tell dark story..... the human being isn't able to commit suicide just for fun..... if someone put an end on his/her own live, there has to be a reason... I think, there is no point in blaming people, who hurt themselves, that won't help... neither the one who does so, nor the one, who was blamed.

Greets, Anxi
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but if you're dead then what is the point of proving your love???

Take care,

Corey

Last edited by Corey on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
...but if you're dead than what is the point of proving your love???

Alright, I guess we've got a different definition on/about/from/at (I hate prepositions... Evil or Very Mad ) idiocy. In my opinion "idiocy" is something really stupid.
Of course there is no point of proving your love, if you're dead.... but is it stupid to take one's life if you feel like you can't go on like this (when you aren't allowed to love the one, you like or you believe in a life after the death or in reincarnation)? Maybe it is weak (actually someone can also be very strong to commit suicide, because he/her believes in something), but is it stupid to die from the social conditions? Does it really depend on intelligence how often you are hurt by other people, how often you hurt them and therefor have to face your guilty conscience?
I think, if two people commit suicide to prove there love, they don't do so, because of an kitschy being in love... I suppose, in that case two people found each other, who are both tired of fighting against life.. and to be honest, I can't blame them for that.

Greets, Anxi
Nakhornwat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked I believe in ghost. Shocked Shocked
It happened seven year ago. when I study in hig shcool. On Janualy I and thier friend go to camp. I go to camp three day. Night of two day to camp I and thier friend to drama show in the dead of night my friend fall asleep. I want to excrete urine I want to go to the washroom. But have not the washroom I deciding is go to the tree. That time I saw shadow is white color seem person on the tree I woke to saw. I can not move which it is experience in my life. However I believe in ghost. The ghost have in the world. Embarassed Embarassed
scg_lady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ ppl what the hell is wrong with you?!?
wing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: what most think Reply with quote

I guess most people like Corey think committing suicide is stupid likely because it is easily viewed as an escape for weakers who simply experienced something unhappy. Well, if that's the case, let's see it as an irresponsible choice that he/she took. But I guess they are very young and their parents tried to separate one from another, so that's what happened.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
Well, if that's the case, let's see it as an irresponsible choice that he/she took.

Is it really irresponsible to decide on your own, what you do with your life?
wing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat to you that they did if they just experienced something unhappy which was only a small thing in their life. So do you think they are quite responsible to do so?
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
I repeat to you that they did if they just experienced something unhappy which was only a small thing in their life. So do you think they are quite responsible to do so?

Another misunderstanding, I should read your posts with more attention Embarassed .
In that case I agree with you. But I don't think, that someone commits suicide just because of a small sadness. Did you ever stood in front of your window wondering, why you shouldn't jump off? If you did, maybe you know, how much people are scared by death.
wing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: It's due to my writting, maybe. Reply with quote

Anxious Heart wrote:
But I don't think, that someone commits suicide just because of a small sadness. Did you ever stood in front of your window wondering, why you shouldn't jump off? If you did, maybe you know, how much people are scared by death.

The reason I said is only suited to some people. Of course they are scared, and thanks to this instinct, they save their lives once, giving themselves a chance to think twice and cherish all they have.
liebe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really irritates me is the way our society treats suicide. People who commit suicide are being viewed as "crazy" "stupid" and "bad". Many religions consider suicide to be the greatest sin, so people who commit suicide don't even get to be buried in a nice cemetery. Few people have a compassion for those who committed suicide. It makes me so angry! People who commit suicide are not crazy (OK, maybe they are, in a way. But aren't we all crazy, in a way?), they are just poor, unfortunate people. Think about the life a person must have had, to make him commit suicide! That person should have felt very unloved, very lonely, very worthless. It's a pity that there are so many people in our society who feel that way. I ought to admit that sometimes I think about suicide too. When I'm driving a car, I sometimes think "oh, just push harder on the gas pedal, just drive right into this truck. What a nice way to die that would be, with the music out loud and the wind blowing my hair..." But I never have the courage. Sometimes I feel that my life is so worthless, that there's nobody who would care if I'd die, why should I live, then? Do you think I'm crazy? I believe that many people have those moments, when they just feel sick of everything and want to end this once and for all. It's just that most of them won't admit it. I realized something about myself. That I don't really want to die, that I want a "revenge". I want to "revenge" those people who weren't nice to me, to "revenge" life itself for not being nice to me, to "revenge" this world for making me feel so alone sometimes. But the fact is, that I won't "revenge" them by killing myself. I'll only revenge myself. This thought keeps me alive through the tough moments of life.

To the girl who saw the dead man on the beach--I understand you. I used to live in a country with lots of terrorist attacks, lots of bombings. Even though I myself never got the chance to see an attack (lucky for me!), I still cannot stand the sound of an ambulance. Whenever I hear the siren, I see all those dead people, with all this blood, my head starts to spin and I feel that I'm going to faint. You probably should get over it by going to the beach again. Start by going with a friend, and standing about 100 meters away from the water, just for a few minutes. Then gradually increase the duration of your stay and decrease your distance from the water, until you can swim again. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: