Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good way to lose weigh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayita20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinglish:

Do you have any advice or tip in order to get motivation to keep you doing exercises? I mean, every New Year I have started to do exercises and few weeks after that, something happens, I loose my motivation and I stop doing exercises.
Sad
In addition, as I wrote before, I cannot stop eating. I don�t know how to control this anxiety. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Yinglish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have any advice or tip in order to get motivation to keep you doing exercises?

One way is to find a mutual friend who is willing to exercise with you or at least someone that can hold you accountable for your exercise schedule. Telling everyone you know about your exercise plan can also keep you motivated. The important idea is accountability. Sometimes when you're feeling unmotivated, having someone to remind you of your exercise committment can keep you on track.

Quote:
In addition, as I wrote before, I cannot stop eating. I don�t know how to control this anxiety. Confused

It's ok to eat. You just have to be selective on what you eat. If you're hungry, eat fruits/vegetables. If you're thirsty, drink water or fruit juice. Avoid foods with a lot of sugar and/or fat. Eat white meat (chicken, pork) with skins removed. Eat wheat bread instead of white bread. Read the food labels and know what you're eating.
Ayita20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinglish

First than anything else, Thank you for all your advices! I really appreciated it! Laughing

Quote:
One way is to find a mutual friend who is willing to exercise with you or at least someone that can hold you accountable for your exercise schedule. Telling everyone you know about your exercise plan can also keep you motivated. The important idea is accountability. Sometimes when you're feeling unmotivated, having someone to remind you of your exercise committment can keep you on track.

I think that could really works! I never thought about that, but it is better to exercise if you are no alone, because if you don�t want to continue you mutual friend will motivate you, but if you friend don�t want, you can motivate him/her... I mean you are going to motivate each other. Wink

Quote:
It's ok to eat. You just have to be selective on what you eat. If you're hungry, eat fruits/vegetables. If you're thirsty, drink water or fruit juice. Avoid foods with a lot of sugar and/or fat. Eat white meat (chicken, pork) with skins removed. Eat wheat bread instead of white bread. Read the food labels and know what you're eating.

Related to the food... I will try to keep your advices in mind, in order to reduce or loss weight and I will let you know about the results later. Shocked

Do you have any good diet? I really want to work on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
peter_scotch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: weight loss Suggestion Reply with quote

Hi buddy there are many exercise which are very useful for secure weight loss. However, it is better if you would fallow, Aerobic exercise which is so effective of maintaining normal good health, especially the muscular strength of the heart. To be useful, aerobic exercise requires maintaining a target heart rate of above 50 percent of one's maximum heart rate for 30 minutes, at least 3 times a week. Brisk walking can accomplish this.
R.T

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Loose weight Reply with quote

I'm 21 too & I am trying to get on a diet. If you go on a diet thats not eating much that stresses you out & it isn't good for your health. You may loose weight but your wieght would come back fast. Not only would your weight come back but you may tend to gain more than you used to weigh also. The best way to loose weight is to eat healthy & excersize. Excersising burns calories & also makes your mataboism work more. So even if your just sitting down you burn more calories than you used to Smile If you don't have time to work out just try to walk alittle more. Use stairs & don't use elevators much. Just by doing that your matabolism would change alittle.
Ykri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to lose weight too Sad

i have heard the most important thing for dietting is ur feelig. to elevate ur mind, it is a good way to use the mirror.
so if u see ur frame with the mirror everyday, u can find out where u want to tight the flab. and u will feel like u really want to be slim.
so, use the mirror everyday watching urself, then it makes u feel u really want to lose wight!

but i think walking is the best way to lose weight Smile
thats what i do when i really want to lose my weight!
mitsuna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm a japanese girl.
In Japan, "Banana Diet" is in fashion now!
You must eat only banana for breakfast,
but you can eat it as much as you like.
And you can eat ordinarily for lunch and dinner.
Please try!
Tan,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, don't eat almost everything.
If you take in only water, you cannot keep fat.
Human can live over 1 week with water without any food.
nicewitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a good thing to do. Our body has memory of the starvation period of time. Once you eat, even a little, everything is stocked and you put all your weight back and even more.

the only way to lose weight in the healthy manner is with a balanced diet avoiding saturated fats
MrWrite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Food addict Reply with quote

Next time you eat, eat a little slower. Then note the time when you don't feel hungry any more. But what do you do? You keep eating. You may be addicted to food. Also there are probably many times when you go the fridge - or the cookie jar, when you aren't really hungry. Same thing, it is food addiction. You need to come to terms with this before you can lose weight. Don't feed your addiction. I have some tasty recipes on my website if you want to try some healthy food. Just don't eat too much of it!
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Only my opinion Reply with quote

If u want to lose weight, u should eat less rice and meat, especially in the evening. I suggest u can do some exercises in yr off time. Meanwhile,drink water much better than all kinds of beverage.Please remember vegetables and fresh fruit are good for your health.
peterteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: How to lose weight. Reply with quote

You can't beat WALKING! A couple of people have already mentioned walking and I fully agree.

I don't recommend dieting. It only works in the short term. It makes you unhappy and you always just want to end the diet and eat more and more.

I'm a taekwondo player and I have stayed about the same weight for well over the past 10 years. If you don't feel like doing really hard exercise though, walking works just as well. If you run 5 kms it burns the same amount of calories as walking.

It's difficult to get out of the house and go for a run, but it should be easy to put on your iPod and go for a nice, hour-long walk walk a couple of times a week or more.
Rose_Geng

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Black coffee can help loose weight Reply with quote

Drinking black coffee may help you to loose weight becuase caffein can improve decomposeing fattiness in your bodys.

By the way, more coffee = less sleeping= less eating= less fattiness.
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my boyfriend is super fat, because he often eating on the bed at night.
he moves a lot,but he is also fat! I will marry him at 10yue.
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will marry him at 10yue

Congratulations Rita!
Hope you can happiness forever!

Back to lose weight, I think their are a lot ways to do it.
but the key point is insist on.

if you can insist on one way 3 months, I promise you can success!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: