Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Types of Chocolate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phyllis_0734

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Types of Chocolate Reply with quote

Chocolate is loved by people all over the world for over four hundreds years. But do you know there are how many types of chocolate? With time passed, the types of chocolate become more and more. However, we still can roughly sort into three groups by ingredient: dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate. Dark chocolate, also called black chocolate, is chocolate with high contain of cocoa solid and no or little milk. Dark chocolate usually used in cooking. It tastes a little bitter and I suggest the dark chocolate adds little sugar and content 75% of cocoa solid is the best. White chocolate is not chocolate technically because it doesn�t content cocoa solids (or very little). It is made with cocoa butter, milk, and sugar. White chocolate has a mild and pleasant flavor and usually used to make Mousse, Panna Cotta, and other desserts. Milk chocolate, as its name suggest, is content more than 12% of milk and normally 10-20% of cocoa solids. Not like dark and white chocolate, it seldom used for baking except for cookies. Milk chocolate is the most popular and taste very fragrant and sweet. Milk chocolate has a meek texture and is my favorite. After reading these three types of chocolate, are you feeling tempted? If you are, try some! But there is only one thing you have to worry is weight!
jcao

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer black chocolate.
since white chocolate, and milk chocolate are too sweet to me.
furthermore black chocolate is benefit to my health & with low calorie than other kind chocolate.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark chocolate is my favorite, too. It is healthier for you, and doesn't taste too sweet.
In the U.S., milk chocolate is probably the most popular chocolate.
White chocolate isn't really a true chocolate at all. People seem to either like it or hate it, because of its flavor and sweetness.
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Chocolate sounds very nice. Reply with quote

Chocolate is one of the most favorite sweet food in life. There are so many kinds of chocolate,such as black chocolate, milk chocolate and use chocolate made of different style famous food. But I want to learn how to make chocolate by myself for my dear parents and boyfriend.If you will cook it,please teach me. I'm appreciate for that, and you will become the first person to taste my production.Aha~~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: