Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malaysia Air - LOUSY!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven767

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Malaysia Air - LOUSY!!!!! Reply with quote

First flight - late taking off, half-way to destination the cabin pressure was low so we turned back ([b]yes, at midpoint[/b]!?). Upon landing, we were all rescheduled for the next available flights. They put me and my wife on the [b]second[/b] available flight. But, I was assured that my lugage was on the first plane and would be waiting in Bali for my wife and I for our belated honeymoon.

Second flight - late taking off. Almost missed connections with third flight with boarding time.... but....

Third flight - late taking off.

[u][b]Bali[/b][/u] - We arrived at the airport and my luggage was nowhere to be found!!! The baggage folks told me they had a message it was put on the wrong plane and it would be here the next day before 1 PM. The not only did not offer any compensation, they said they never did that.

I should say, I was supposed to have arrived in Bali for our first day at noon, it was now 7 PM and we had no luggage. Monday in Bali is wasted.

Tuesday in Bali. Beautiful morning. No luggage, old clothes. At 1:30, I called the airport baggage handlers and they told me that my luggage was on the way. At 2:30, I called the handlers again and informed them that my hotel was only 15 minutes away from the airport and my luggage still was missing. They said it was on the way. At 3:00, I called and they said they called the driver who was on his way.... and the luggage showed up a few minutes later. Over half of the day is wasted.

I tried to contact Malaysia Air's office in Bali and got no answer before 5 PM and then they closed at 5 PM. I tried to find an email complaint address on their website and that was fruitless. I did find a lot of travel/ticketing agents that use malaysiaair.com though.

Saturday. Departing Bali. I went to the administration office and the gentleman there advised me that we should have received US$60 each on Monday. He refused to get my wife and I an upgrade as compensation. His reason was that there were no seats on either plane returning to Seoul.

Both flights took off late and so did the stop-over. And.... surprise!!!! .... there were many empty seats in business class.

Malaysia Air cost my wife and I at least a day-and-a-half of our honeymoon and offered no compensation at all. Every flight took off late.

[b]I will never fly Malaysia Air again [/b]and I am advising that you consider another airline also.

I will add that I have flown China Air and Korea Air and have never had a problem.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about your terrible experience! You and your wife must be disappointed.

I fly almost every week for my work. Delays and poor service are common in today's travel. But I have found that unless I tell someone, the people who are in charge never learn about what passengers are experiencing.

Have you filed a complaint with Malaysia Air? Sometimes, they will give you some compensation, or a credit for future travel. Airlines want to keep customers, and if you let them know about your bad experience, they may provide a way to say "I'm sorry."

Congratulations on your marriage! Best wishes for love and happiness!
Raven767

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Suzanne"]Have you filed a complaint with Malaysia Air?[quote]

Twice. Once while we were there and once when I returned. No response. That's why I am here.

Had they made any effort......
scottish_tiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you had a bad experience flying with Malaysian Airlines. I have in the past found that they, along with Singapore Airlines and Silk Air are the best airlines in Asia. With this in mind they will be sad to hear of your experiences, so it is worth sending an email to both them direct (you can do this via their website: www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/customercare.aspx) and your tour operator/travel agent. Good luck, and I hope that you will enjoy further travel experiences in future years.

Scottish Tiger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: