Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is ur idea of Islam & Muslims??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar 86

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: What is ur idea of Islam & Muslims?? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

in this post i just want to know your ideas abt. islam and muslims and what comes to mind when hearing the word Islam? and finally, from where u get ur information abt. islam?
hope we together have an interesting topic to talk about!!

Wish u all the best Smile
pugachevV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere there is trouble in the world, there are Muslims causing it.
It is an intolerant religion which has been subverted by unscrupulous men for their own political ends.
Eleniel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Muslims are just like any other people in the world. A little conservative, and some Muslim radicals are causing troubles in the world, but mostly, they are just like us. I don't have any religion, and I don't think I ever will, but I respect every religions have their own value, and hope others would do so. I hate people who condemn Muslim as terrorists just because of some ridiculous terrorists. It's just same as condemning Christians as war fanatics due to Bush. People like above irritate the hell out of me. I don't really think Jejus would appreciate such behavior.
CP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ideas and ideals of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are often wonderful. It's the horrible things people do in the name of these great religions that make them so repugnant. Let's all go to war, even though we worship the same deity. After all, my favorite prophet is different from yours.

The latest: Some Muslims want to ban Christians from using the word Allah, for fear that Muslims will start reading Christian literature and become Christian. So they are burning down churches and things like that. Evidently this qualifies as submission to the will of Allah in some people's minds.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature�s �survival of fittest�, �selfish gene� dimensions intend us to snatch or even kill, if need be, impregnate women forcibly and so forth, and survive by hook or by crook.

But then evolution got a tricky twist when man evolved intelligence. That led to civilization and a need for overcoming baser impulses. Religion was probably invented to help civilization, to set guidelines of fairness and honesty for people to live by, and to get people to cooperate to do that.

Down the line, when selfish people realized how it can be misused to get control over innocent, gullible people, they probably twisted it to suit their interests: using it to get power, subordinating the woman / lower castes, killing under the cover of religion, while it is actually killing for some gain. Ironically, such face of religion goes back and agrees with that that stage of nature when man was barbaric.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming to OP's question, Islam is a political ideology / tool to spread cultural imperialism, and not a religion. That's the reason apostasy is considered as treason and apostates have to be stoned to death. It is made to look like a religion to get cooperation by instilling fear about consequence of non-conformance (burning in hell) or benefits of conformance (afterlife in heaven). It's interesting to read views / experiences of ex-muslims.
Omar 86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am back, I was so busy and didnt have the chance to reply.

regarding our topic, i just wanna say that u cant generalize a judement over a group of people because some of them did bad things. those terrorists who kill people in the name of Islam are representing themselves not the teachings of this religeon. as i cant say Christians are terrorists because of people such as Bush or Hittler. those are not Muslims. they are Christians, but again i cant overgeneralize that all Christians are behaving that way.

Islam does not order its people to kill innocent people, and by the way, one of the meanings of the word "Islam" itself in Arabic (language) is "Peace".

talking abt faith, the main idea and the simplest yet important belief in Islam is to WORSHIP GOD (ALLAH) ALONE. in Islam there is only ONE God, ONE book. if u r a Muslims u pray to God directly, nothing between u and God.

MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN JESUS Smile really?? yes!
a person MUST believe in Jesus to be Muslim. in Islam, Jesus is a prophet not God! so as Ibraham, Moses, Noah, David, Solomon, Muhammad... all those are prophets, and Muslims believe in them all. there is a great video by Yusuf Estes, who used to be a Christian preacher and then embraced Islam, just look it up on Youtube titled "why did yusuf estes embrace islam" in 5 parts.

any comments r appreciated
hope u all the best
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar 86 wrote:
one of the meanings of the word "Islam" itself in Arabic (language) is "Peace".

You guys just don't get "Irony", do you?

"Despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."
-CBS Sports golf analyst David Feherty
charactereducation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslims are most hated people in the world right at the moment, like the Jews at some time.

All this happened when U.S.A faced the incident of World Trade Center.

When I switched on the television on that day what I saw on the television? A plane comes from one side and with in no time it enters into the building and trade center is down with the thousands of people.

It was one of the dangerous condition, most of the people lost their lives, and most of the people lost their friends and relatives. What was in the news when this was going to be happened that these were companions of Osama-Bin-Laadin who were controlling the airplanes.

When you are hurt and some one comes and says you that "Sam" is the reason for hurting you. You will not even think and will just slap on the face of "Sam" because when you are angry there are no more thinking. The same happened with the Muslims.

I have heard that there are 3000 Jews working in the world trade center and none of them was there at that day, even there was even no festival. God knows best what is the reality behind this.

To till now even CIA and not any other agency is sure who were those people who attacked on world trade center. It was just an assumption like we do before any experiment in "Science Subjects" that those were Muslims. That was the reason U.S.A attacked in Afghanistan. Millions of innocent people have been died in Afghanistan and some so called "terrorists" too, even no one knows them that they are terrorists or these are people who are defending their country. There is not a single clue for Osama to till now. Muslims are going to be experimented.

The same happened with the Iraq and to till now we came to know there are no chemical equipments with Iraq but USA forces are still in Iraq.

"Do you have ever been met a Muslim?" He will be polite with you and will have a smile on His face and will talk to you like a brother.

Why Muslims are said the Muslims? He who believes in oneness of God is itself a Muslim. Even Christians, Jews all of these are Muslims if they believe that there is one God who is creator and destroyer of the universe.

Christians are not said the Muslims because they love to be the companions of Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him).

Muslims are said to be Muslim because they love to be companions of Last Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him.

It was the time when Muslims ruled over the world, and history tells us that people in their territory were satisfied when they were ruling the world.

It has been said already by Last Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him that there will be a time when Muslims will be defeated like this. It was already said by Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him 1400 years ago. What is the reason for it because of their own deeds.

God says in Holy Quran "If you will obey my principals I will make every thing easy for you, if you will not I will make every thing bad for you."

"Muslims are going to be punished by God not by USA Forces or any one else"
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charactereducation wrote:
I have heard that there are 3000 Jews working in the world trade center and none of them was there at that day, even there was even no festival. God knows best what is the reality behind this.

Whoever told you this lied to you. And it does your case no good to continue to spread the lies.

Quote:
When you are hurt and some one comes and says you that "Sam" is the reason for hurting you. You will not even think and will just slap on the face of "Sam" because when you are angry there are no more thinking.

But what if Sam boasts about hurting you? What if he says, "Yes, I did it, and I'll do it again!" Is it then reasonable to assume Sam did it?
profman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have gathered so far after reading about different religions and watching and examining the behaviour and attitude of their followers is that
Islam is the best religion and the Muslims the worst people
pugachevV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bold and fearless Muslims, firmly stuck in the 7th century, making war on women and children and the sick and injured in hospitals. What a pathetic waste of space they are. If American leadership had any guts they would have declared war on those Muslim countries that support and fund terrorism and showed jerks like Assad, Ahmedinejad, and the Saudis that if you keep poking a tiger with a stick you end up as tiger dung.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: