Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

level 4B Term 5 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4B Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: level 4B Term 5 2010 Reply with quote

Hello everyone and welcome to level 4.
Please use the 'reply' button to keep in this forum.

This term we have learned about our favourite sports. Please write about your favourite sports, and contribute to our class discussion. I will begin.

My favourite sports are swimming and cricket. I have been swimming all my life. My earliest memories of swimming involve Mum teaching me to swim at the beach. In primary and high school we swam in a swimming squad after school three times a week. We were very tired !! Nowadays I swim a few times a week, and I try to do one kilometre.
I also learned to play cricket in high school. I loved it, but I was not very good at it. I played in the girls' cricket team and we had training after school twice a week, and played against other schools on Saturdays during the summer months. Nowadays I have no interest in actually playing it, but I love watching it on television with a nice cool glass of lemonade.
tora1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: my favorite sports is... Reply with quote

my favorite sports is foot ball called soccer in Au but most countries call that game as a foot ball i always try to watch foot ball game in europe and even now is world cup so i always watch the match on tele untill 5 am so it can cause some problem because every day i have my class in CELT except weekend but i think it`s ok because world cup is more important thing than attending the class if i miss the match i have to wait 4 years so i am supposed to watch all match in world cup^^
iioos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: My favorite sports Reply with quote

My favorite sports are soccer and billiards. When I was chid, I was interested in soccer because I had a lot of time for playing soccer with my friends. so I have played soccer at my university football team since 2005. Moreover I also learned to play billiards in the high school at first time. In our country, we have a lot of billiards halls so when we drunk alcohol, we usually went to there. It is our typical hobby for men. It is helping for making relationship because we have a lot of time for conversation while doing it,
Noel Li

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Noel's favourite soprts Reply with quote

Hello, everybody in 4B,
My favourite sports are running and playing basketball. When I was in secondary school, I played basketball with my classmates three times every week. Sometimes we were playing after school and weekend. I enjoyed it because I like team spirit and it let me feel exciting. Nowadays, I haven't time to play it due to I am very busy in my work. However, I always have gathering with my teammates.
Actually, I like doing soprt. Instead to the basketball, I enjoy running now. I keep running twice or three times a week. Running can keep me more health and fit, in addition, it could make me sweating which is my lovely feeling. After running, I must have a bathing that give me more relax. Razz
Ayumi Tonan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: My favorite sports Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I want to introduce about my favorite sports.

My favorite sports are lacrosse and basketball.First I want to write about lacrosse. When I was in Japan, I was playing lacrosse. I had a practice 4 times a week. Sometimes we had games on Sunday. It was a very hard. Because we had to run for 25 minuets in the field which looks like a soccer field. I started to play lacrosse only 2 years ago. However I am addicted to play lacrosse. When I came back to Japan, I'm going to play lacrosse. If I have an opportunity, I want to play in Australia too.
Secondly I want to write about basketball. When I was 12 years old, I started to play it until 16 years old. Our coach was so strict. Thus the practice was very hard. I had a practice 4 times a week. Nowadays I started to play basketball again. It is a very fun!

Ayumi Tonan
Seulyi Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: My favorite sport ( Seulyi Lee ) Reply with quote

Hello. This is Seulyi Lee. I like a sport. I was usually riding a bicycle when I live in Korea. Because I like speed ,wind and it's good for diet. But I don't have a bicycle now. So I'm getting fet.If you would you like riding a bicycle, you'll need bicycle and a bottle of water as well as gloves and a mask in winter. You should not lisening to music when you riding a bicycle.It will be have a accident. I recommed that riding a bicycle in the park. It could be safe than another place and you'll feel relax. when I riding a bicycle in the park I was usually saw horses.One horse colour seems to black.Another one colour was white.In addition Their footstep sound was great!!! I would like try horse riding!! Anyway, I'll try playing squash next month. It will be exiting!!
almadiy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Becey,

Thank you to send me message.

My favourite sports are football and basktball. I have been play football all my life. My earliest memories of playing football involve Dad teaching me to play football at the gym. In high school we play football in a plying football after school four times a week on Friday twice and Sunday twice. We were very tired !! Nowadays I play football a few times a week.

I also learned to play basktball in high school. I loved it, but I was not very good at it. I played in the boy's' basktball team and we had training after school once a week, and played against other schools on Monday during the summer months. Nowadays I have no interest in actually playing it because I studying full time every week , but I love watching it on television.
Smile
Susumu Oka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: My favourite sports (Sam) Reply with quote

My favourit sports are play golf and walking. I have played golf for about 30 years. However I don't play golf very well, my average is about over one hundred. I play golf about once a month. I'd like to more play golf but playfee is expencive in Japan. I have played golf in Perth,so playfee is cheaper than in Japan. For exsample, golf playfee of weekend is 150A$ in Japan, 50A$ in Perth. I wanted to more play golf in Perth but There isn't a person who plays golf at this school student. I also like walking and jokking.When I was young, I have run full marathon sometimes.
Arisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: My favourite sports Reply with quote

My favourite sports are tennis and snowboarding. When I was a junior high school student, I belonged to a tennis club. My coach was good at tennis player. I was afraid of him at that time. He was a strict person when he taught us it. However, I liked his teaching style. I can't play tennis well these days, but I like it.

I also like playing snowboarding very much. I have played it since fourteen years old. My parents taught me from the first. In every winter, we went to a ski resort and we spent a lot of time to practice it. I was really tired, but I was absorbed in playing it. Nowadays, I go to a ski resort with my friend and we usually advise to each other. It is really fun for me!!
Anabela Tilman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Nice to heared from you.
Well, my favorite sports are play basketball and swimming. I've been playing basketball since I was 9 year old until now. Naturally, when I was child my parents and I lived in the area which is close to the basketball court, I used to saw people playing basketball and they have an competations there, and after that I feels this is such as a beautiful sport. When I was high school my team and I ever joined some basketball competations. I played as a cantral player. It's really was a pleasant experiences for me.
Swimming also is my favorite sport just the same as you. but I'm not really good on swimming as you I think!!
Now I playing basketball and swimming for my exercise on three times a week.

Cheers
Anabela
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: