Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4B Teacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Body Image Reply with quote

There have been several articles in the Australian newspapers recently about body image, particularly the manipulation of photographs of models and famous film stars to make them look younger, thinner, more attractive. A common method is called 'air brushing'. Last month's issue of the Australian Women's Weekly included an interview with a famous former model who insisted on appearing in the magazine WITHOUT any air-brushing, and with minimal make up. Although you can see some lines on her face and skin blemishes, she still looks so beautiful. I think she looks like a REAL woman !!!
What do you think about altering images of models and film stars ?
stone-4best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: body is my body Reply with quote

When you flick through magazines,tv program,movie, it's pretty hard to escape all the so-called "beautiful people". Thin or muscly; pretty or handsome .
one disavatege of altering images of models and film stars would be that,
not a few of people compare themselves to models. It can affect the way we feel about our bodies which can lead to eating disorders and other health problems.
the govermant should stamp out because they say they're not real. So it's gathered some of the best brains to help make us feel better about the way we look and help us feel a whole lot better about the real we're
jjjkkk

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some news about this issue. Though I had known that pictures would be changed a lot by some tools like Photoshop, I still couldn�t believe that news. By air-brushing, models or stars can be thinner, have a perfect face or longer legs. I�m so shock about that! Besides, these stars and models build a dream that ordinary people can dream of. Therefore, they have to be perfect. People would build their body images through images gave by celebrity. Gradually, people would pursue a perfect body then cause some health problems. Therefore, I think the way that models showed what they really are is great and helpful for altering people�s body images toward themselves.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

//Though I had known that pictures would be changed a lot by some tools like Photoshop, I still couldn�t believe that news //

Yeah, seeing is believing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/13/britney-spears-reveals-un_n_535981.html

http://jezebel.com/278919/heres-our-winner-redbook-shatters-our-faith-in-well-not-publishing-but-maybe-god
rachard1583

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Britney Spears is airbrushed Reply with quote

She looks great in both versions, but after airbrushing her back tattoo is gone, her skin smoothed and she is slimmed down all over. However, my mind cannot able believe the which is original one. It is possible to make one person like this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: