Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

christmas is the best holiday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessika

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: christmas is the best holiday! Reply with quote

I like a lot christmas, because you have to give and in the same way you receive some gift, and you do not have to work..... it is the best!
ashley;*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Christmas Reply with quote

I also like Christmas. But it is starting to become more of a material holiday. Most people enjoy it because of all the gifts. We are forgetting what Christmas is really all about. Confused
amye

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: me too! Reply with quote

I like Christmas too!
because we can eat delicious foods and cakes.
Roy0901

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: christmas is the best holiday! Reply with quote

i'm Chinese. As the globlization, Christmas is also very popular in China. it's a good chance to hold a party and invite a lot of friends.
YessV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love Christmas.
Because all the family gets together,
you forget about many problems and you just enjoy a little bit.
Then, you see all the lights, you listen to all those songs, you drink hot drinks.
Here, we get together, we pray, we break a pi�ata, eat, laugh a lot and then the gifts.
Xmas's became material, I do agree Neutral

Another holiday is Death's Day.
You pray to your deads, many people gets together in the graveyards to dance dressed like the death and all that stuff xD
D.S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! that's so interesting! Very Happy you made me know that families in U.S meet together during Xmas's holiday and exchange gifts! I didn't know that B4 cuz' people in my country don't celebrate for Xmas's !
But, can anyone tell me please a little bit about the history of this holiday and why Americans celebrate it?

and what about "Death's Day"! I never heard about it! can u tell me more please! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: