Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

did Facebook change Ur life?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: did Facebook change Ur life? Reply with quote

Since I had Facebook account, my life has changed. Facebook helps me to know people from all over the world, make friendship with them, and know about customs of their culture. Talking with these people Improves my English language, too. Cool
Facebook also makes it easy for me to communicate with my family, relatives, Friends and classmates back in my country. IMO, my life was very boring B4 Facebook.

How about u ? R U in Facebook? tell us about Ur experience? Did it make any difference in Ur life ?
AnaMilena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Just for curiosity, I'd like to know if you keep on thinking exactly the same after a few months....

I opened a FB account when one of my best friends left our country, so it was a way to keep in touch. However, I don't really like it. It's just a platform where you can offer feedback to your so-called friends (how many of these contacts are your actual 'friends'?), and there are some apps which are just annoying (I don't miss the era of the fortune cookie!)

I think there's a moment in which it becomes dull, and what made it innovative becauses boring. At least that was what happened to me. Confused

I don't ignore it's a perfect way to share links and videos, though!

http://english4fun.freeforo.com
nickalc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard of something called antisocial networking?
That's when you have hundreds of so called friends on a social networking website but never communicate with them.
*Zainab*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook has a significant impact in my life. With Facebook I connect with my family, friends, and classmates. Moreover, I reach my relatives that I didn't know before. I keep in touch with my family news since I can know every event that happened to my family such as: wedding, engaged, new baby and so on. In addition, It relax me every time since I play Facebook games and let me release some stress writing whatever in my mind on the wall. Thus, Facebook changes my lifestyle and took some of my time daily.
EnErgiser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for me, since most of my friends are not tech-savvy or simply too cautious to open a Facebook account. And rightly so. Facebook has become too complicated for the average Joe. Twitter is much more ideal if you just wanna share something with friends.
tasc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Social Network Reply with quote

Hello. I'm Tasc. I live in Okinwa, Japan and I am a student at Okinawa International University.

Facebook change my life because I can know my friends situation and what they do every day. And then, If my friends live far place from I live in, I can make contact. We can post some photos with my comment. It is awesome because I can tell my feelings not only some characters but some images so I use facebook everyday and I like this. I may keep using facebook.
Corey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

I think one of the major ways facebook is changing people is in our ability to stay connected to people far away. A few decades ago, a letter once or twice a year might be a "long-distance" relationship. Today, there are so many ways (including facebook). The technology really is amazing!
Thomas_USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: The social landscape is constantly changing and evolving Reply with quote

Even though reading my FB friends posts or updating my page is a daily ritual for me, FB is just one of many sites I�ve used over the past four years. FB is kind of the social network flavor of the year Laughing , but next year or the year after that there will probably be a different more popular site. As social networking sites go more commercial they loose their appeal for me. There were and still are dozens of other social sites out there, but for now FB is my favorite Very Happy . No substitute for my cell phone or seeing my friends face-2-face at school. Cool
AnaMilena

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a Facebook user, but there were some things which made me dislike social networks. First of all, they find one way or another in order to keep you attached to their services: rubbish applications, the need of contacting more "friends" - how many of these contacts were your real friends? - and lots of publicity.
It was the policy of privacy which made me quit from Facebook. They track everything you do when you're on Facebook, after you log out, or even when you don't have any account. What's the deal with it? I've got nothing to hide, but I think they cross the line. It's like a Big Brother which is nothing else but lack of respect towards the user. After all, we're not Facebook users, but the Facebook product.
That's why I deleted my account - I don't know what the heck they'll do with my info - and I'm glad to say I haven't missed Facebook at all. Mr. Green My life's even better. Less vain, if you ask me. The only thing I miss about it is the clicktivism I took part in, but thank heaven there are other alternatives. Wink

http://english4fun.freeforo.com
mico

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at first i didn t want to have an account but when i found most of my friends talk about facebook and how they are excited from it i decided to have an account ,its really an amazing site it enable me to keep in touch with my friends,relatives,and cosines
i also enjoy sharing links which have jokies and so on.
IANKRISBANAWA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at some point, yeah it changed my life. because of that, i'd finally able to connect to my old friends.
IANKRISBANAWA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is kinda like exciting since you can catch up to your fellow classmates, your old time buddies or to your relatives. i am using facebook almost every other day.
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social networking has not only changed the way we communicate but the way we function in our daily lives. Facebook in particular has helped people find long-lost relatives, new jobs, even organ donors. The new book "Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit" by Emily Liebert, documents the amazing ways the social networking giant has changed people's lives for the better. Liebert offers us tips for how to use the service to your advantage.

10 Ways Facebook Can Change Your Life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: