Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARE YOU HAPPY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nora80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: ARE YOU HAPPY? Reply with quote

Being at the age of 30, I can't help asking myself 'Are you happy?'
Usually in Korea, people start the second chapter of their lives around this age by getting a job or married.
As for me, it's been about 3 years since I started working as a public servant. I'm satisfied with my job
because it's very stable and not as stressful as those in private companies.
But on the other hand, it doesn't give me such an excitement or sense of accomplishment as Kim Yuna(figure skater)
might have felt when she won the gold medal at the Vancouver Winter Olympic Game.
I don't have a boyfriend now, but that doesn't make me feel sad or depressed because I don't want my life to be dependent on him.
Of course, it would be better to be with someone I love, but those times when I'm alone are also important to me
because I can fully focus on myself trying to be aware of who I am, where I'm going, what I should do, etc.

And this question 'Are you happy?' may be the most fundamental one, from which my path to self-discovery beggins.
And I really want to hear from other people, too, if they have begun their journey to find the happiness.
khunpiin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: I am happy Reply with quote

Basically the simple things make me happy. Yes i can say now that i am a happy person. I have learned to appreciate all that i have and to be content with myself, although it took a lot to realize that finally. I make the best out of my everyday even if sometimes things don�t go so great. Just staying positive towards everything makes life so much better. Very Happy
nora80

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Happiness for the young Reply with quote

Hi khunpiin~ I'm not sure you will read this post because it's too late..
But I can't help asking you again 'How did you come to realize the true happiness of daily life?'
I have a job, I don't a serious disease, being a single doesn't makes me feel sad, I have a hobby(drawing) to enjoy my free time,
I have enough time and money to do whatever I want! But why do I still feel lost?
Just satisfying the needs doesn't necessarily lead to the great pleasure, overwhelming joy, or deep impression on my heart.
Especially for the youngsters who want to explore the whole world and live an extraordinary life, those simple things may be a little boring..
I'm not trying to say that your happiness is too humble. I know we will never realize the true meaning of happiness
unless we let go of such sweet illusions that a successful life should be full of adventures and outstanding accomplishments.
I know that at the end of the long journey to find the happiness, we'll come to understand that nothing is more precious and important than the simple things.
But it takes a lot of trials and errors to realize that, and it seems you have already pass through the time.
PeterAlex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might seem a little, shall we say, mood-ring era to suggest taking a happiness quiz. Many people, however, "are so used to being unhappy that they barely notice it." Using the latest research, I have devised an emotional checkup based on the theory that happiness develops from a number of internal qualities, including courage, love, humor, altruism, and a sense of freedom and purpose. This quiz will guide you in the right direction for finding your happiness.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happiness is like stock market. Any silly thing can make it go up or down.
Moon Young

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Everyone has the right to be happy. Reply with quote

I'm so happy to have my life. I said in the title "Everyone has the right to be happy" but some people might say " I cannot be happy in this situation."
Then, Think about handicapped people in the world. For example, Nick Vujicic who doesn't have any arms or legs says "I don't have any limbs, but I'm so happy". Think positively about our lives and we will be happy like Nick Vujicic
seunghyeon324

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Opinion Reply with quote

I'm happy
beucause i am satisfied my life
sometimes i am bored because of daily life
but not so bad
I am experienced good things
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: