Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teachers are like gases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowsmile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Teachers are like gases Reply with quote

From kidergarten, elementary, junior high school, scenior high school, and university, I meet many teachers; therefore, I can classify them according to the way they teach students as gases like CO2, O2, CO. There is no doubt that inhaling to much CO2 will make people sleepy. Hence, teachers like CO2 means they simply teach students by speaking words on books; shortly, students will have a dream. This sort of teacher speak word after another on the textbook, and they even don�t emphasize where the point is. Originally, students will pay attention to them, but after a while, they will feel bored, sleepy and then fall asleep. The kind of teachers don�t mind students� feeling of teaching way. They solely think they have done the well job of teaching, thinking students aren�t diligent. In contrast, O2 is a great gas that will make people feel energetic. Teachers of this kind are professional, and conscientious. They will teach the content of books in their unique way. They are familiar with the content in the books. As a result, they will teach vividly and keep students awake in whole class. Moreover, they will teach some principles about life and some experience they have learned. Students attend in this class will benefit a lot. The other type of teachers are like CO. CO is a poisonous gas that will make people die. Teachers of this sort refer to that they are unfamiliar with the content in the book. They don�t prepare for the class, and they even teach wrong things.If students don�t search information for themselves, they will take wrong contents real. It is a terrible learning way.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice way to explain the different kinds of teachers!
rainbowsmile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

I am happy to see you responsed to my topic. Thank you!
IbeLongtoMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: INTERESTING TITLE Reply with quote

Immediately, when i read the title of your post..i was already intrigued, when I read your explanation ( I am not sure if the nature of this topic is serious or whatnot ) but I laughed so hard at the CO teachers aka poisonous teachers. Brilliant!! Thank you for that!
rainbowsmile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

What a surprise! Your response encourages me; thanks. It's not a serious topic. I just write it for fun.
nickalc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique and Brilliant!
Corey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To carry the metaphor...

NO (laughing gas) - teachers who are funny
PeterAlex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas Laws demos are so fun and easy to do. This is where it all began for me back in my second year of teaching when I started using demos in my chemistry classes. I learned how to crush a can using a Bunsen burner and a bucket of ice; from that moment on I was hooked. Ever since that second year of teaching, I like to do “Gas Laws Demo Day” to showcase several ways to see the relationships between temperature, pressure, and volume. It just so happens, by my good luck, that my new boss, Mr. Richards, decided to visit my class on Gas Laws Demo Day.

Gas Laws: Where it all Began
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: