Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to improve my English

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john3nty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: I want to improve my English Reply with quote

I want to improve my Enlish, Is there any one who can help me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rando

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Basic Step Reply with quote

Hi john3nty,

If you want to improve your English, I think the most basic thing you have to do is build up your English vocabulary by reading a lot of English-written reading materials and listing down all the unfamiliar and difficult words you will encounter. You have to have a rich vocabulary in the first place if you want to improve your English both verbal and written, if you can attain that then you can move on to improving your grammar and pronounciation by using these newly acquired words in daily conversations or written communications. Also you have to look for additional tips on how to effectively achieve this. Try visiting this link for additional tips on improving your vocabulary, http://www.buildingvocabulary.org/

Have fun!
Mita

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Improve your english Reply with quote

Hi:)
i think it depends on how you want to use your english... if you need it for business or studies you should focus more on grammar and you need special vocabulary. (if you want to learn how to write in english i have a good app for you: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iexpert-english/id379599991?mt=8 ) if you want to improve conversational english you will want to learn catchy expressions and everyday language. i think a very good way to learn this is of course reading reading reading! but also english movies or series! in the beginning you can watch it with subtitles, but very soon you will understand a lot, you'll get familiar with their accents and get a feeling for the language:) and besides it's a nice and easy way of learning:D
so... good luck with your practise!!
longshikong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Improve your english Reply with quote

Mita wrote:
Hi:)
i think it depends on how you want to use your english...

I agree but I think most students just want to improve their listening and speaking so they can express themselves more fluently.
Stephanie S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like, consider joining an English course in Malta. Excellent teaching in a beautiful, sunny location--what more could you wish for? Wink Elanguest, Malta
Afra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TalkEnglish.com developed the "Click, Listen, and Repeat" functionality. In most of the lessons, you read the sentence, click on the sentence to listen to the sentence, and then you can practice speaking by repeating after the audio file provided by a native English speaker. This proven method strengthens your reading, speaking, and listening all at the same time and makes learning English easy. You will improve your English speaking using this method.
http://www.talkenglish.com/
Yuca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to improve my English Reply with quote

john3nty wrote:
I want to improve my Enlish, Is there any one who can help me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thanks.

I think so too. The most of students want to improve listening skill and speaking skill. Especially Japanese students think about that. If you want to improve listening skill you should listen to English music with lyrics. You can learn meaning of English by lyrics. You’re going to get improve listening skill too. Also if you want to improve speaking skill you should speak with English speaker. I want to improve my English skill too. So sometimes I speak with English speaker on the phone, face to face and Skype.
divya

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Hi john3nty Reply with quote

I can help you improve ur English if you want to Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: