Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think of China and its people?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nimo lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: What do you think of China and its people? Reply with quote

Here I just want to know the impressions of different areas' people about China.
I hope we could learn something valuable and different about China in many ways you mention through this communication.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love China - they are making just about everything I buy.
Xie Xie Comrades.
nimo lee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugachevV wrote:
Love China - they are making just about everything I buy.
Xie Xie Comrades.

You are telling the truth. China has undoubtedly become the fatory of the whole world for its relatively cheap labour and rich resourses.But it seems an unwise way to develop its economy in long terms,for the EU and some other developed countries are constantly complaining and blaming that the entering of these cheap commodities to their maket is a way of dumping.So China is apparently doing its utmost to obtain another way which is ralated to high technology in place of the former one to develop.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the European governments who are complaining. The people are happily buying everything they can. They don't care that it's made in China. They are just happy that it is (usually) well made and reasonably priced.
Of course, eventually, China's labour costs will rise along with China's wealth. That will be an opportunity for China to show its ingenuity in solving the problem.
contra10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like China, but I'm worried about what the future will hole for the world as countries like China and India become more developed. Our environment will suffer because of pollution.
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain why, but I tend to see China in a very positive way.

The combination Ancient culture + Amazing history, full of strong episodes and complex personalities + Advancing economy makes me think this is not a common nation.

It has always played a very important role along globa history, and it seems it will always do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: