Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the woman most American males would like to date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abcgood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: the woman most American males would like to date Reply with quote

I read this news last year.
I am astonished.
According to a survey by movie rental chain Blockbuster,
film star Angelina Jolie is the woman most American males would like to date on New Year's Eve.
35 percent of respondents said she is their number one pick for hypothetical New Year's Eve candlelit dinner.
She is well-known for the role in Lara Croft.
But why did the males choose her?
I am curious about it.
obelix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Angelina Jolie Reply with quote

Because she has big *beep*, is considered beautiful, is slightly eccentric and therefore interesting.
Welcome to the shallow psyche of the American male.
asterix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: censorship stupidity Reply with quote

Only in the USA would the word b r e a s t s be thought too indecent for students of English to see.
In the USA there are thousands of murders (the ultimate obscenity) every year, but let one breast be shown on National TV and you would think the sky was falling!
It is about time the Americans moved away from their Puritan forebears.
wing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Angelina Jolie Reply with quote

Well, judging by her as a whole, she still looks fabulous. But I now have a question that comes to my mind: why do men like big b*easts?
Because I don't think big b*easts, about the size of 38-40, can stand for a lovely figure that a woman has.

I hate to be "beeped", by the way.
Zanthrick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's because the survey is crap. It's from a company who makes most of its money from overhyped movies with shallow characters. That it has a survey that finds men like "beautiful" woman is pretty much guaranteed. I can imagine the survey itself was highly biased. If not, at least the sample of people it was given to isn't likely to be representative of the population as a whole.

Whenever a friend asks me if I think someone is beautiful I usually say something like, "but I havn't talked to them... how am I suppose to know such a thing?" That usually scares them off Wink.

As for my ideal woman, it would be someone who I make feel free. Oh yes, so vague... that's too bad, I don't worry about it, non-ideal women are just as good. Smile.

Zanthrick
Jinming

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is hot, man. See her dress in the Oscar? She is stunning hot in that dress. I vote her the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: