Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why am I still gaining weight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
issariya_j

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Why am I still gaining weight? Reply with quote

Have you ever wondered why you still gain weight even though you have tried so hard to cut back and control your diet plus hitting the gym almost every evening? No matter what you do, the needle on the scale keeps climbing up and up and that drives you crazy!

Sometimes the reasons for gaining or losing weight are more complicated than what you think. It's a variety of things working together that can affect your weight, some reasons you might not know. The following are some examples of what I'm talking about

Stress is one important factor you may not be aware Stress will make your body store more fuel, ie fat, more efficiently. And the places where these fats can be stored include your waist, hip and thighs.

One common stress factor is lack of sleep or inadequate rest. Thus you should try to have at least eight hours of sleep to keep yourself in a good shape and you should be aware and learn the right way to cope with stress. Many recommend relaxation (such as meditation or yoga) as well as exercise, which not only alleviates stress but also burns calories and provides other health benefits. Razz
AlyssaM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. I feel so much stress right now because I just had a baby and I don't get much sleep. It's so hard to find the energy to work out and eat right when you are this tired. I do my best to eat well and drink lots of water because I am breastfeeding right now and I want the best for my baby. I like to work out to relieve stress but right now I'm super tired!
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often times what we perceive as lack of energy is really mental exhaustion. I used to come home from school feeling worn out, numb from the stress of the day and wanting nothing but to crash on the couch and rest. However, I learned that when I made myself go run or exercise at the gym, it wasn't long before I was awake with renewed energy flowing. I certainly was no longer feeling lethargic! I may numbly stumble out the door to exercise, but I know it won't be long before I'm feeling good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: