Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamianGriff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one way of using the internet if you want to improve your English pronunciation and vocab... (look at the bottom of the page - click on the link!)

I have started a new website called www.linguagum.com (LINGUAGUM). It's free, and it works like this:

1: Choose a category.
2: Sign up.
3: Check your email for a message from FEEDBURNER (maybe in spam folder.)
4: Activate feedburner.
5. We will send you an mp3 audio file every day in your email complete with language and grammar notes - free.
6. You practise your pronunciation and learn new vocab every day.
7. Save it to your mp3 player and practise it on the bus.
8. That's it! It's easy and effective... your English will improve much, much faster if you use LINGUAGUM.

Check us out - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! WWW.LINGUAGUM.COM

Don't forget to contact me if you have any questions about it.

Damian
Wangwei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internet is very useful for our work or daily live. I think that I perhpas can not work without it.When any problem occur in my work, my first doing is to seach the solution by google.in addition, chatting online is the best method for contacting my friends,etc......
piro♪

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: I don't like INTERNET very much...... Reply with quote

I don't like the internet. There are many information or things in internet. But there are many things hurt another people easily. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sadI am sad every time I see these information. Sad
kritnat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet is the modern technology. People can use the internet for many ways because it has many things in one and it can open your eyes to all over the world. In my opinion, using the internet is good for the new age. First, the internet has the information about things that you want to know.You can search it from the different websites and save the time such as Google websites. Second, it can use for business. Many brands show their new products on the web page and people can buy it via the e-mail or other ways. Finally, the internet to enjoy and know new friends such as you can play game online on the internet and chat to other players while you are playing. In conclusion, the internet is a useful technology in nowadays because it can do many things such as it can for business. You can search information about things from the different websites and you can play game online on the internet. What do you think about the internet?[color=green][/color] Smile
hoshi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE internet
What could I do without it????
I can do many homeworks and chat with people in other places around the world, I'm connected almost all the days
kritnat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion internet is useful for everybody Because you can use it for many purpos that you want. such as you can use the internet to search for information, from website www.google.co.th,www.yahoo.com etc. You can downloand program to set up in our computer and you can bring us into picture,music,movie,and game online. We can job application from the internet to pay attention. You can contact our friends by e - mail,chatting MSN, or posting our massages on the board However the internet many advantage. But there are a lot of dangers from the internet such as virus computer .

Piyavat Ruengray
48290323 ENV
KMUTT
jackshawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I use Internet to read news, find study materials, chat with friends, watch movie etc. Google is a very useful tool to explore things indeed. It acts like a cyclopedia and helps me a lot.
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do so many people prefer google instead of yahoo?
I think they are the same Confused
sssallylane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of jobs nowadays are connected to the use of the internet. For instance, many companies in the BPO industry offer link building, blogging and social bookmarking services for internet marketing.
anh le

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: internet Reply with quote

I love internet. It is very convenient and economic. I can easily download book or software, go shopping online, talk to my family or friends on skype or yahoo. However, we can be destroyed by internet. such as waste a lot of time on relaxing, game, chatting,...
*Zainab*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The use of the Internet offers a lot of benefits to anyone using it. The huge amount of information accessible has made it the most valuable tool in different aspect of a person�s life. Thus, the computer with internet access has a big influence in different aspect in my own life such as keeping in touch, searching, and shopping.

Via computer and internet, I use Skype, E-mails, and social networking so that I can keep in touch with my too-far-away family. With the Web camera, it is easy to see my family whenever I want. How amazing is that? Here I am in a distance zone, and the internet allows me to communicate with my family on a daily basis. Beside, social networking sites such as MySpace and Face book allow me to keep up with the lives of my friends, even if they live far away. E-mail, in addition, is a great communication service that works far more efficiently and conveniently than traditional mail as well. Thus, the Internet is wonderfully useful to keep in touch.

The Internet also provides a world of information in different aspect of knowledge. It is a helpful tool in researching all different subjects since the Internet has an enormous amount of publications added on it every day. Thus, it is a great source of reference that helps me trying to look up information that I need. Furthermore, via internet, I save my time since I do not have to go to a library.

Moreover, internet has impact on my life since I do some online shopping. Finding things online is very easy since I just sit behind a computer screen and search for what I want. However, the purchase quality is the biggest issue when it comes to online shopping. Thus, I actually did not shopping online unless I couldn�t find what I search about.

Thus, the internet has significant influence in my life so that I could not imagine my life without computer with internet access.
ramaraj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Internet Reply with quote

is there cable connection between routers and geteways over the network
Stephanie S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the internet because it makes accessing information much easier. You used to have to go to the library and try to find a book that might contain the information you were looking for. It took a lot longer and often was unsuccessful. With Google, it just takes a minute.

An even greater plus is being able to talk to friends who are far away. I used to do pen-palling when I was younger. It could be really frustrating trying to communicate with people in countries that didn't have reliable postal systems. Letters took a long time to arrive, and sometimes got lost.

www.elanguest.com

Last edited by Stephanie S on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Tofayel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Internt Reply with quote

Now a days without internet life is almost impossible. Education, treatment, business, every way we have need internet.
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clear that one of the most important goals in preparing students for life in the world that is stuffed with information must be the ability to search and evaluate the relevant pieces of information. The students have to learn to work with the E-mail and use the general searching tools. In many cases it is useful when there is no need for the general search of the Internet when doing the assigned tasks. It lowers the danger of taking undesirable paths. Therefore the recommended sources of information are an important part of all lesson plans where the use of Internet is expected.

Role of Internet to Students
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: