Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holiday is Happy+_+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool239

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Holiday is Happy+_+ Reply with quote

Hello

I am a gu-ui middle school student in korea.

We have many spesial holidays

One of them is New Years's Day.

Which I'd lila to introduce now.

In that day.

everyone wears traditional lostumes and d

" se-hai (a kind of gheeting)" to adults. especiall in

family. And also we are gheeting to relatives.

I'd like to know about your country's most special holidays?

Confused Confused Question Question
Orange Ng

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: My holiday was not happy Reply with quote

When i was a primary school student , my uncle's family and i travelled to China .It was my first journey in my life.

when i arrived there at night ,we went to a hotel, the receptionist told me that their hotel did not have hot water then. i thought it was so terrible that i cleaned my body in winter with cold water . It is not possible , so we suggested to the guide . we must have changed the hotel at midnight .i could not sleep well in this night .

In the nest day , we went to a mountain , we played downhill only have 1 hour and 30 mins . It was not enough time to play downhill skiing . i thoudht the trip was very bad. i would never go to this travel agency again.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 1rst is Canada Day (independence day).

Corey
aiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most important holiday is New Year's day in Japan.

Everyone usually spend time with their family.

Grandfather and Grandmother give money Children.
This name is "Otosidama".
Stanley1111111111

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Holiday is Happy+_+ Reply with quote

cool239 wrote:
Hello

I am a gu-ui middle school student in korea.

We have many spesial holidays

One of them is New Years's Day.

Which I'd lila to introduce now.

In that day.

everyone wears traditional lostumes and d

" se-hai (a kind of gheeting)" to adults. especiall in

family. And also we are gheeting to relatives.

I'd like to know about your country's most special holidays?

Confused Confused Question Question
Passerby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: I approve of it~~ Reply with quote

Yes, I totally agree with this. Happy is happy, this is no way to pretend that you are happy.

You may say that sometimes you could let your action influence your mood so that eventually you would become a really happy person. Well, I'll tell you, this is sometimes you are too engeged in this pretending to realise that you've lost yourself in your true feelings. Like soaping in the hot bath, you gradually feel the water has turn cooler but, but actually, you are jsut getting used to it and lost... and further your mind starts to generate another picture for you to suit what you feel and what you decipfor.

Happy is happy, pls don't tell to pretend. If you feel unhappy or, let's say sad, pls remember to brave this adversity and take the action to share with your stress with your friends or jsut let out your pressure. Especially when you start to face the fact of your negative situations, realise how worse this is, you really start to turn this mihap into a better chance for leading a more mature and savvy life.

Passerby
Abdi Abdalla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing I like is the holidays because we have many holidays in the U.S so Iam so happy when the Holidays is coming. I like the new years too and I welcomed a lot every year. But We didn't have that mach holidays in my country Somlia.
drawmydream

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: mai Reply with quote

There's many holidays in Thailand, which is where is live. But i'll tell you the important one. It's called Song Kran Day. It's celebrated during summer time. The festival is know as Thai New year too. It's on 13th,14th and 15th of April. People splash water at each other. There's many tourists in this festival too. Thai pople love Song Kran and tourists do too. This is all about my important festival. I would like to know some of the other countries' festival too!
surf_zilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various important and interesting festivals in my country which is Thailand. However, I think the most important festival for thai people here is Thai New Years. Thai original New years is not on the first January. It is on 13, 14, and 15 of April. On this day, people play water with each other all the country, even on the road. They also went to the temple and meet their relatives. I consider this festival as one of my favorite festival. It is a very fun festival! Very Happy
Mimi thailand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: