Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should teachers or websites be allowed to advertise here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should teachers or websites be allowed to advertise here (for free)?
No, this forum is for STUDENTS ONLY!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, teachers can join but ONLY to DISCUSS topics! They need another place to advertise..
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, they can advertise but ONLY if they write something useful or offer FREE lessons
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Yes, no problem!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

longshikong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Should teachers or websites be allowed to advertise here? Reply with quote

I'm a teacher. I joined this forum to discuss learning with students but most threads are ads from teachers. Should there be a rule about advertising on student forums?

What do you think?
TutorValerie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Should teachers or websites be allowed to advertise here? Reply with quote

I would like to advertise on this forum, but I think that it's not a good thing to have this just full of ads. That's why I'm trying to answer a few questions. It was actually a bit painful to see that some simple questions have gone unanswered for so long.
longshikong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems pretty obvious who voted 'Yes, no problem!' to allowing teachers to advertise here as they please.
Johnee.Springs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer a compromise. Ads could be interesting for some of us students and you want to promote your service. But otherwise we don't want all the spam.

I think the best solution to make everyone happy would be a section where ads are allowed. In every other section ads should be prohibited.
longshikong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnee.Springs wrote:
I think the best solution to make everyone happy would be a section where ads are allowed. In every other section ads should be prohibited.

I agree. Thanks for your response. The money that Dave's could make on this could offset the cost of removing them from the forums. Furthermore, if someone has to pay a few dollars for an ad here, they might put a little more thought into it than: "I'll help you improve your English. Just visit BetterEnglish.com"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: