Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about Japan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jouchi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Japanese winters, because they are sunny and dry, but I really hate the summers because they are so hot and humid.
zhenghan51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edison chen wrote:
I don't like Japan as the regard of their dishonesty to the history.I don't
mean that all Japanese are not good,i like most of them as they are good
mannered and hearted to everybody.However there are minority of them who even haven't the courage to envisage the past and refuse to apologise to the crime they have done.That really hurt our feelings.
I advise you to take up your so-called warrior spirit and admit the history
which will never ba changed and erased.

I really agree with you.
Not only cos I am a Chinese, they have done what should be paid back.[/i]
teacher-simon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Japan is a really awesome place to visit. After being in China for more than 2years it was so interesting the first time I went to Japan, just to see the contrast between both countries. Different food, different culture, different language... its great.

I went snowboarding in Japan with a group called Tokyo Snow Club (www.tokyosnowclub.com), they took us to Hakuba 47, which is this amazing ski resort in Nagano, some hours by bus from Tokyo. Hopefully I can go again next winter.
christopher000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

I come from China.We Chinese people will never forget what Japanese had done in China during the world war two.But i don't mean Chinese people all have negative viewpoints on Japan. We should adimit that Japan is one of the most successful country in the world. Japanese have many merits for us to learn.But it is disppointing that some Japanese never adimit what damage they had done to China,Korea or even the most places of the eastern Asia.In order to rebuild the relationships between China and Japan,All the Chinese and the Japanese should never forget the unforgettble history. It is our responsibility,nomatter who we are.
RusGuy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If carefully observe a history of any country it`s very likely to find bad and dark times. It was in any country. When people were killed, when hatred and violence existed.
And these bad things were done by concrete people. These people had concrete names. For example, I`m from Russia and in Russia there were bad times and bad people. But as the citizen of Russia I didn`t participate in that bad times. For example, one hundred years ago some people did bad things. Am I guilty that they are russians as well? No. First of all, should look what any man is doing himself.
But I agree that we, all people, should notice when evil happen and point out on this, so it wouldn`t happen again.
Julesinjapan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a foreigner it's great living in Japan. It's also very child-friendly, which is good for raising kids. Of course the environment and city planning have destroyed much of the country, but apart from that ...
peterteacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why the Japanese government won't admit to the wrongs it committed in World War II. Japan should acknowledge its sins.

But at least Japanese don't spend everyday hating the Americans because they dropped a couple of nukes on them back in '45. And the American government has never admitted THAT was wrong either Sad
cuijun_hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: It looks heavenly in the movie Reply with quote

Last year a Chinese movie, "if you're the one" (literally "you have to be sincere, if you want to date"), includes a major portion shot in Japan, on its northernmost island. It looks so pastoral, peaceful, oceanic, and fun that the movie helped make those scenes tourist attractions. The hotel room, where the woman sat on the floor in front of a low table to drink tea and walked out to bathe in a private pond, is like a dreamland. Hiking in the woods is stunning too.
jjuni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think japan is clear among the three country korea china and japan
all of the people recognize about japan that there are very clean

I want to visit japon next time Laughing
KIM MIN SEOK 1903

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like Japan.
Because of their historical consciousness.
There are atrocities of the Second World War as a typical example.
They do not admit that they waged war.
And nor does it reflect on their mistakes.
It also distorts the historical claims to Dokdo as Japanese territory.
However, Dokdo is the territory of the Republic of Korea distinctly.
I wish I could be like Japan, have improved these problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

I don't like Japan as the regard of their dishonesty to the history. I don't
mean that all Japanese are not good, i like most of them as they are good
mannered and hearted to everybody. However there are minority of them who even haven't the courage to envisage the past and refuse to apologize to the crime they have done. That really hurt Koreans feeling.
I advise you to take up your so-called warrior spirit and admit the history
which will never be changed and erased.
Zoey141

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend recently quit his cushy job to go settle in Japan. I always thought it was a temporary thing with him and he will get over his craze for Japan, but I was so wrong. He introduced me to a lot of things Japanese and I ended up being a Japanophile myself! Very Happy I love their culture (which is all about respecting everything and everyone)!

Of all things Japanese, what I love the most is Studio Ghibli! Can't thank Hayao Miyazaki enough for all the meaningful movies he has made over the years. His movies remind me of what my priorities in life should be Smile Every time I feel lost in life, I go back to watching his movies. Instant therapy I tell you! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: