Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are the most important areas of study for you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think are the most important areas of English to study?
grammar
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
reading / writing
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
pronunciation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
speaking / listening
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Corey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: What are the most important areas of study for you? Reply with quote

What do you most want to learn?
contra10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is, they are all important in some regard and what if I think two are more necessary?
EnErgiser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it actually depends. If you are going to an English-speaking country, speaking & listening skills will be crucial. If you just wanna pass exams or land a good job in your home country, reading & writing should be your focus.
HersheySoldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: What are the most important areas of study for you? Reply with quote

I believe you cannot single out any of the areas mentioned.
You have to understand the grammar to be able to understand what you read and without knowing the grammar you wouldn,t be able to write correctly.
The same applies to speaking and listening.
jiloeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the best way is to follow english course which give you the opportunity to practice your listening and speaking when you are learning the grammar. Because I agree with the others that grammar is important.
If you study it, you will learn English faster!

It also depend in which context you will use it as mentioned before Smile
olimpiajesus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of them are important. Some people might say that listening an speaking are the most important but if you don't know grammar ... no one will understand what is someone trying to say...
Y.KONAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are very important when you learn English.
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Things to learn english... Reply with quote

Hi,

I think learning grammar and vocabulary are both equally important, but conversation and practical use is just as important too. I suggest reading English novels, comic books, watch movies and tv shows, and work or volunteer at places where there are a lot of English speakers. Also, going online, like this, is another good way to practice. There's a benefit to reading/writing, and speaking/listening another language.

Thanks.
Leslie741

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that each aspect plays different role in the way you want to use the language. For example, if you want to learn English for travelling, I really doubt that writing skills will be needed. So, think about the reason why you are learning the language and work on the aspect you need the most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: