Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOME AND ANY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamarav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: SOME AND ANY Reply with quote

Whats is the difference between some and any?
Thanks
TutorValerie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: The Answer Reply with quote

Hello,

"Some" is used in positive answers, whereas "any" is used in questions and negative answers. For example:

"Do you have any pencils?"

"Yes, I have some (pencils)."
OR
"No, I don't have any (pencils)."
Yuca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: SOME AND ANY Reply with quote

Tamarav wrote:
Whats is the difference between some and any?
Thanks

Last time I did presentation for class about some and any. I’ve learned from book and teacher. Some is kind of specific things any is specific things.
But I’ve learned it since when I was high school some use for positive sentence also any use for negative sentence and question sentence. But depends on situation some can be use question sentences.
For example: I’m talking with friends….I guess my friend will go out today.
Then I’ll ask friend :Will you go out anywhere?
But I don’t know where she will go then ask Will you go out somewhere?
That’s my idea from class
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: