Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good way to lose weigh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beautiful girl from shanghai.but I am a lot fat,haha!I want lose weigh .my beibeizhu tell us that the best way is eat less, and healthier, exersise more.
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beibeizhu wrote:
I am beautiful girl from shanghai.but I am a lot fat,.

Dear rita, I can not agree with you, I don't think you are fat, I think you have a nice figure! but I agree with you to do more excercise, that is not only good for our figure, but also good for our health.
Razz
charactereducation

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose the weight with in no time just start dieting and you will start loosing weight.
Vega

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you what you don't want to do. You don't want to take a diet pill that promises to cut the fat. Most of them don't work and many aren't really good for your health. There is no magic pill. And diet alone will help you lose weight but not as fast and not as well as diet combined with exercise. In regards to diet, you don't necessarily have to follow a certain diet program. You just have to eat healthy foods and eat the right proportions. You also want to cut out the junk foods and drinks.
James20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Exercises to lose weight Reply with quote

Definitely cardio! The more varied the better. Mixing 3-4 sessions per week (if you have the time of course) is perfect. You could combine aerobics with running, rowing, swimming, water aerobics as well as walking more. Maybe also consider bike riding to work or to the gym. I ride my bike everywhere now and it has done wonders for my stamina. It will also really tone up your legs. It's best to vary your exercise so you can tone up every part of your body. If you go to the gym ask your gym instructor about helping tone up your arms and legs with less weight and faster strokes. This will help with burning off fat. I hope this helps!
YessV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad is studying about nutricion and it's really interesting.
I've got the pressure for being a nutricionist and all that stuff, so I've learned something.
You should NEVER stop eating!! Everyone should eat 5 times a day!
Breakfast, collation, principal meal, collation (again) and dinner.
Between the meals, you can eat peanut (it's super healthy),
popcorns (natural popcorns, they're really easy to make... the popcorns in bags or cinema's popcorns are like POISON! Delicious, though xP),
raisins, a yoghurt, apples, plantains, oranges, any fruit.
The excercise helps the metabolism to be faster, and to not get flaccid
Also, never stop eating carbohidrates, proteins and all that stuff, 'cause it's necesary.

Eating good is an art :B
Also, many people I know with diabetes and high blood pressure (which are really dangerous) have lost weight and reduced their medicine dosis with a good diet and not stopping eating.

So... never NEVER stop eating, or stop eating carbohidrates ('cause EVERYTHING or at least, many meals have them), proteins... drink a lot of water...
It will make you feel energized, healthier and a lot better.
BUT... All of this stuff is about being patient. You won't see results in 5, 6 days, one week, but with the time, you'll start to notice it Very Happy

Mybe once in a while you can eat chips, a slice of pizza, a hamburger, an ice cream or something like that. And you can do it, just you won't feel guilty.
And let me tell you... IT REALLY WORKS!
It is not about your appearance, it's about your health!
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running IS a great way to lose weight, fat weight, that is. Exercise can add weight but it is muscle weight and a reduction of fat weight. If you're just starting, start slowly. Start with a slow jogging for about 5-7 minutes out and then return. Do that a few days then add on a couple of minutes. Don't go fast, just increase you heart rate and be able to talk as you run without gasping for breath. Check your heart rate the first thing after you wake in the morning. You will find that in a month or maybe less that your heart rate has decreased. Your heart is a muscle and it gets stronger with aerobic exercise, so needs to beat less to pump the same amount of blood through your body. After a couple of months you'll probably be running closer to an hour total time. Add crunches to your exercising; this will help your running. You need strong abdominal muscles for running. I was 20 pounds overweight and started a slow routine of running. In two months I lost the 20 lbs., ran a couple of 10Ks in 40-43 minutes and since a half-marathon and a couple of marathons. I typically ran at least two hours and never less than an hour. I added weight training to my regimen and gained back about 15 lbs but not fat!
youngbin Ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can lose your weight several ways.
I recommend you I think important thing.
You never miss to take three meals a day and you do exercise for every day.
If you follow this way, you can lose your weight.
ansrb5643

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exercise everyday, and don't eat junk food. most importantly, you need to reduce your food.
jjuni

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think jogging is a good way to lose weight.
and also I prefer push ups 10times 5
Helena_Birk12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone really want to lose weight they just have to stop eating. This sounds stupid as the idea of loosing weight on its own. You people just have to start eatig healthy and exercise daily. That's it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: