Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What test is more difficult - IELTS or TOEFL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which test is more difficult?
IELTS
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
TOEFL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Corey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: What test is more difficult - IELTS or TOEFL? Reply with quote

Which test do you think is more difficult - IELTS or TOEFL? I would like to hear from students who have practised or taken both tests.

Corey
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
I think that IELTS is better than TOEFL even though it seems more difficult to get a high mark. It depends on the oral exam which in IELTS is face to face whilst in the other is.. on a PC!
Then IELTS is an English which consider all its varieties whilst TOEFL is basically american English
so? my opinion is that IELTS is better than TOEFL, now that it's also widely accepted in the USA, UK. it depends on the preparation.
Here are websites that can help you for preparation of IELTS;
http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare
http://www.onlineieltspreparation.com/
seunghyeon324

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: English exams Reply with quote

I don't know about that exactly
But I think TOEFL is more difficult than IELTS
because TOEFL test is useful in university
MorleyLove

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: English exams Reply with quote

seunghyeon324 wrote:
I don't know about that exactly
But I think TOEFL is more difficult than IELTS
because TOEFL test is useful in university

I had a hard time with TOEFL!
eldsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your typing speed is not good then don't take TOEFL, since it requires that you write your essay. In this case, you can prepare for the exam using, for example, compare and contrast essay topics with descriptions on AnswerShark. On the other hand, IELTS allows you to write your essay answer.
IELTS is a shorter exam than TOEFL, requiring 2 hours and 45 minutes. TOEFL takes about 4 hours. Therefore, if you want to give a shorter exam, go to IELTS.
TOEFL contains only multiple-choice questions, whereas IELTS has other question formats, such as filling in spaces and matching, as well as multiple-choice questions. You can choose the exam according to the format of the question that you prefer.
It's also worth considering that if you are applying for an education in the US, then think about passing the TOEFL, because it's more widely accepted in the US. For the UK, IELTS is preferred.
Therefore, I can not single out any exam, each has its own characteristics. Also, you can read an article on this topic: IELTS vs TOEFL: Which is easier?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: