Joined: 17 Mar 2018
|Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm Post subject: Educational guidelines
I am practicing translation, please help me correct any errors in the following context. I am particularly interested in learning about a,an/the/singular/to verb/prepositions. Thanks so much in advance. - ZKX
1. Overall Objectives
To develop in students the ability to accurately comprehend and properly express the Japanese language, to increase the ability to communicate clearly their own ideas and opinions, to build up thinking and imaginative capacity and a sense of language, to deepen interest in the Japanese language and to cultivate an attitude of respect for the Japanese language.
2. Objectives and content for each grade
<Grade 1 and 2>
1) To enable students acquire the ability to speak about what they are familiar with in their everyday lives in the proper sequence of events in accordance with the listener, and the ability to listen to grasp important ideas in the topic and the ability to converse in line with the theme, as well as to develop a willing attitude for listening and speaking.
2) To enable students acquire the ability to write a sentence or paragraph about what they have experienced or imagined in proper order of events, using simple language structures, as well as to develop a willing attitude for writing.
3) To enable students acquire the ability to read with awareness of the order of events happen in the context and the situation in the context, and the ability to extend their imagination while reading the context, as well as to develop a willing attitude to enjoy. reading.
1To develop speaking and listening abilities, students should be given instructions on the following items:
1) To select a topic from what students are familiar with or what they have experienced, and to recall necessary things.
2) To organize events in the order and to speak while paying attention to the difference between polite form and plain form in accordance with the listener.
3) To speak with clear pronunciation while paying attention to body posture, shape of the mouth tone of the voice and pitch.
4) To hear all the important points while listening with interest.
5) To discuss matters in line with a certain topic while listening carefully one another.
2The instructions listed in 1above should be carried out through, for example, the following language activities:
1) To explain matters or report own experiences, and to listen to those of others and to share own impressions about them.
2) To ask and answer questions and conclude opinions through group discussions.
3) To greet according to a situation and contact familiar persons on necessary matters.
4) To convey what they want to communicate to familiar persons and listen to it when others do the same.
1To develop writing abilities, students should be given instructions on the following items:
1) To decide a writing topic from what students have experienced or imagined and to collect necessary information for the selected topic.
2) To think of a simple structure in accordance with the order of events so that thoughts are clearly conveyed.
3) To write consistent sentences or paragraphs with attention to word or sentence collocations.
4) To cultivate the habit of re-reading the sentences that they have written to find errors and correct them.
5) To read each other’s writings and to find good points, and exchange impressions on them.
2 The instructions listed in 1above should be carried out through, for example, the following language activities:
1) To write sentences on what they imagine.
2) To write sentences to report what they have experienced or to record what they have observed.
3) To write sentences to explain matters that are familiar to them in a simple way.
4) To write an outline in a memo and write sentences about what they want to communicate.
5) To write a simple letter about what they want to convey.