Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 20 presidential election in taiwan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chi-kei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: March 20 presidential election in taiwan Reply with quote

Do you know Taiwan will help the presidential election in this Saturday? World concern it a lot, especially China and America. What is your opinion toward that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
river1974

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many pieces of news regarding the 2004 presidential election these days, including the referendum debates, the political donation to first lady and all those election campaigns in every corner of Taiwan, I can't help wishing all these campaign-related stuff will be over soon. Tomorrow is the polling day. Everyone should have already decided who they're going to vote for. I already have my own decision as well, but one thing really confuses me-should I receive the referendum vote? Frankly speaking, I have no opinion on the referendum issue itself, but I don't think it's necessary to hold a referendum this time. Many of my friends decide not to receive the referendum vote, and I think I will follow suit. Maybe I am absent from this coming referendum, but I am sure I will participate in next one if it is meaningful.
Passerby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Be there or be square~~ Reply with quote

That's getting to the climax tomorrow. And, seriously, this is my first time I ever feel so demanding over the election. The milestone for Taiwan as well as its people for a thriving prospect, a step forward toward the full democracy, an unprecedented historical event of the world, a victory of the suppressed heart.

No matter which candidate you vote, you took a note on this current event and you concerned for it and you involved in it and you cared and care.

Tomorrow, I'll go for it at any cost. For this important time, I wish I could help a bit.

Passerby
kobe is my idol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation 台湾 belong to 中国!Nobody can break up the fresh and blood relation between mainlain and island!
stroller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what had been happened last 48 hours is really very fun. Laughing personally, i do not take the election too seriously but i just wonder why the leader of taiwan advance the referendum so madly that i hardly believe he has a clear mind. Cool
so many eyes are captured to the campaign especially the people from china and taiwan. in the bitter campaign, the major different between two sides is the policy towards mainland china. though the independence from china has been requires a lot, a step out of the rule is not acceptable.
finally, i'd like to remind you wonderful taiwanese, never try to declare the independence, which can help nothing but only cause a war.
Passerby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Independence causes war? Reply with quote

You know what you've just said? "Independence causes a war!" Hold on a sec, this sort of tune sounds faminilar, It sounds like the voice from the ancient dictator, Chin Shi Huan..... or something..., oh....., I see, I made a mistake...., that's the brand mark of Hitler.

How about I presume this way..., what if today "you wonderful mainlanders" declair the independence from this small island, should we tell you, beware, that might cause a war....., ooops! Excuse my French, should that cause any discomfort to you?

Please tell us, the definition of independence, the belonging of China and Taiwan, and the definition of the unnification across this Taiwan strait?

Please, just don't simply follow suit for whatever others say, if you do want to know more about the poeple in the regions that seems weak, please, take a less hostal view to understand it. Thanks you.....

Passerby
Passerby

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Post-election~~ Reply with quote

It's the forth day after the presidential election result came to fact. Some supporters were ecstatic over the outcome while some were fully desperate at it.

Much of the skeptism has claimed that this election has been a joke and much of the stunt seems unprecedented. Poeple say that the bullet incident was just nothing but a stunt and further a hype for the green camp to shadily gain the insufficient vote. Aftermath is the worst I've never experienced in life for such a national iussue to last and wreck havoc all over the nation. Poeple rolled up their sleeves and staged the large-scaled protest for their appeals. Mess, mess, mess.....

This is the end of election of Taiwan for the party had played this foul trick to its people only to secure the following dominance. Sigh..., I am so heartbroken for this kind of scandle to happen in Taiwan as this was I first I ever felt so concerned and involved in the national issue. Sigh...., I really wish this Taiwan presidential movie series would have never happened.

Passerby
Sylvia77560

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-election~~ Reply with quote

I am the KMT supporter. It doesn't mean that I don't like DDP but don't agree their some policies.Althougt KMT isn't good enough, at least they don't want to make any "unsafety" and "terrible" decision on the relationship bewteen Taiwan and China. Taiwan is a rich and wonderful paradise.Here we have 100% freedom and we should appreciate it.When it comes to the relationship of Taiwan and China, the best situation is as current situation." Peace only" Laughing "No war".
Passerby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes..., totally agree with you, my pal.

Poeple in Taiwan only wants peace and harmony not chaos or turmoil.

I don't know the real definition of democracy is but I think people here on this island have more or less misused this term. Again, I don't know the definition of Taiwan's democracy, but I think not everything should be backed with this sacred term when it comes to irrational issues or some oral disputes.

I often hear children saying hey, that's not fair, we should hold an all-in decision making board to discuss this while actually the majority has takes the advantage over the minoity and thus they take all.

Maybe Taiwan's democracy is getting fully mature and I wish one day when poeple ask me, hey could you tell me the definition of democracy is, I'm a bit forgotten it..., that time, I could tell him completely.

Passerby
Passerby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this whole following week of protest for the truth and demonstration of people's solidarity in belief as well as the showcase of poeple's supprt to their future, the post-election stage has somehow turned out to be a mess or somehow spoiled.

Whether this electin had been fair or foul, the post-effects that it's brought to all the pieces of this island have vast affected either the two parties and the middle roamers. To be honest with you, this is a bit out of any sense to continue the street sit-in demonstrations for something that most others believe to be unfair. The request for a recount is surely rational, but what I'm worrying about is the result of this recount. Either it be the same or otherwise, the outcome is only to further damage this peaceful land and all the citizens of Taiwan. I'm not claiming the disapproval of the meaningfulness of this recount, I'm just afraid of the future after the recount. Should we hold another election? Then what's it for? Should we strike a internal war for the outcome mihgt again carry favor for the party? Then, what we have to do with that? Strike? Or something?

This is almost the second week after the election, poeple still take to the streets and grab grab firm their belief for truth; poeple still cry for a true fact to comfort their wuonded hearts, I'm feeling sadder and sadder to watch our daily progress of this event.

I wished tomorrow when I wake up from bed, my family will resume to ask me, hey what are you going to do this weekend? and when we all watch TV, we might still notice some good and inspiring news on our daily life.

Passerby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: