Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Residential School
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sokkies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some parents that force their children to fill the form. You know, some child don't like to argue with their parents, so thay just fill it.
wieda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of this are depands on individual attitude. Whoever want to send their children to residential school, just make sure that your children are old enogh to think what is right and what is wrong. I'm not say that residential school is not good, but there are certain area that we have to highlight for example, their safety, the school's environment (that include teachers and students) and is our children satisfy with what you have chose. Discuss and listen to them. Don't you ever force that will make your child stress even more. Just convince them the advantages of stay in residential school. I think that will work.
anilzakhanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: agree Reply with quote

I agree with you wieda, i also think that the students will takes advantages of living in hostel to cheat their parents.this is the disadvantage of living at residential school.

Another thing is that if the student came from poor family and they makes friend with students from rich family,will it be a problem? i think these students will feel shy and humble. but sometimes if they want to follow the lifestyle of rich student then the problemis here :they will start asking a lot of money from their parentsor maybe they will do something wrong
zero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wieda, I have seen your point. But, don't you think if the person know how to behave themselves and when the time to go home and they will do it. And, not just because of there are the rules in the residential school and they love to stay there and so do their parents want their children to stay in the residential school. If a good child and know how to behave themselves and know their own limits to go out with who and where. I think their parents will not say or force their children to stay in the residential school. The problem is coming from the individual (students) themselves.
jameswong

zam, dont you know what is the meaning of "kia su"
zam

I thinking if you all can do me a favor.....
to anybody who like to type a loooong opinion...please Phrase or paragraphing your post so easy to read...Please......
renisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james now u understand what am i trying to tell you ?!!! i'm not blame anyone....ok.....
sokkies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.. don't know james. What is kia su? I always here people say "you kia su. I kia si" What is that!?
jameswong

the parents are worry about the future of their children. so they will do anything to help their children instant of wasting money
zero

zam, Learning to obey the rules are good matter. But, the individual must know how to control their own living life independently. If one day, they leave the residential school, then, no one guide or control them, will they be good as they stayed in the residential school? Question
zam

Sorry James, I don't know and I willing to know.
renisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oklah james i don't want to dissapoint you....i agree with you that both boys and girls may cause problem..... Confused
anilzakhanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: hah Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I think if the parent discuss with their child and he don't want to go , the parents cannot force them.they must have their own reasons why they don't want to go.if not they will be not interested to study and other problem will occur
annic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think so. maybe the student take more advantage when their live without their parents, a lot of them thinking that.
zam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Zero, but as me myself, I believe that the best way to learn mostly to control ourself if with experience.. I think that most of student enter the residental school so they can gain their first experience there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: