Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Residential School
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anilzakhanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero I think that every body like to follow their own style of living . eventhough you force them to follow the rules if they don't want they won't follow!!!
sokkies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.. students that come from those school that don't have opposite sex usually get culture shock. They are really scared of talking to the opposite sex. I got some freinds who are like that. Ther are all "innocent" when they leave their school. But then, they are worse then others who are from mix schools... Rolling Eyes
annic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i have the change to study at residential school, i will.. Very Happy
anilzakhanz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurul do you really think that we can live without our family at all. I don't think so.i think even you live in hostel you still need your family. if not you will feel free to do everythingwithout thinking about your parents Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
zero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zam, Can I know what kind of experience do you mean?

Living in the private house (rent a room outside), we also can gave experience and more behave ourselves and control our own budget in daily life. I think when you stay in the residential school, all the fees is paying according to the semester right? Then, do you think you can control your own financial in the future if you used to it as you stayed in the residential school?
wieda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to stay in residential college, not as a student but my mother stayed there as a warden, man...they are hard to handle. They stay at late night, making noise, and ofcourse they break a dorm room's rule. Sometomes, warden need to stay late to go around the block to make sure every single thing is fine but at the end, students never appreciate them.
jameswong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seliza, i agree with you. because some school that all girl in the school may have problem when they enter university or college which is mix
nurul

my sisters are in the residential school and they were very excellent. I'm proud with them...
annic

but all my friend, the real life studied at residential school has more advantage compare disadvantage.. are you agree with me???
renisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the incident on Sunday, Mohd Farid was found with severe injuries in the school toilet at about 4 pm and rushed to the Seremban Hospital. He was pronounced dead at about 4.30 pm. FROM UTUSAN EXPRESS

how pitiful this boy......how do his parents feel.......now a days there is no value for SOUL...... Crying or Very sad
anilzakhanz

Annic I think i will be ok for people in our age to stay in hostel because we are old enough .but for student at age 13 to 17 do you really think they can
nurul

so...what you wait....ask your brother or your sister study at residential school...
wieda

I would agree with anilzakhanz, you definitely can't live without family because they are your precious. Do you think friends care more than family does? I don't think so.

Last edited by wieda on Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jameswong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even internexia not a residential school but we spend over 2/3 time there. so i think our learnning style is same
wanaminah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the boarding schools you will have many friend where you can play and study together. After class everyday in the evening they can have a game where we can play in a team. There are several sports or games that they can have such as badminton. tennis. volleyball, netball, football, table-tennis and so on. They also can share their feelings when they have a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: