Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

express your opinion here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Passerby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Hunger strike, way too threatening Reply with quote

Three more days in a row, the more students' hunger strike on the plaza had finally caught people's eye and further alured the attention of media. Quickly followed by the reports and scoops by the media, these students' demands and intentions came to picture and step by step materilize their needs.

But, to me, taking such a strike to get what people want is less than graceful a way to reach the goals. I don't know what nowadays those students are thinking about. They think they could cry out loud and provoke others and get their attention and thus meet what they want? One of their requests is to ask a face-to-face dialogue with both President Chen Shuei Ban and KMT chairman Lian Chan to come to clean with this political chaos after the election. This, is absolutely brainless and bold to make the demand. I'm trying to be cool but when I saw them talking in justice and asking in assurance, I told myself, these are people, educated, and filled with passion and goal-fulfilled. Sigh....

How childish they are, it's like the kids who couldn't get candies and burst into mess, asking and hoping others to come and help them. why they didn't want to take actions, not just sit there and wait for the public (parents) to come to their rescue.

Grow up these kids, performing such a hunger strike is no different from threatening someone by yelling I'm going to comit suicide. If you want to convey your opinions or even further to make a positive change to society, take actions, don't sit static, this only shows how infantile and unmature you are.

Passerby
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO...the groove in celery sticks was always intended to be filled with creamy peanut butter. Wink Cool
emel_ziq

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why people have made up so many religions, Phaton! They just can't find the answers to that question. Here's my version.
I have axcepted that everything around me is created by Mother Nature. She's had put the beginning of the world by the Big Bang.
I've read about different religions, but my version suits me better.
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In My Humble Opinion
tiny birds fly thousands of miles between their summer and winter homes without getting lost.
little salmon go out to sea, coming back to their freshwater stream where they were born when they are big.
and we can get lost in our own town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: