Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women with alcohol drink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannachild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Women with alcohol drink Reply with quote

Nowadays, women drink alcohol more than part. Every party must have alcohol drink and women drink it like a man. Drinking alcohol of women is seemed to be a normal thing. In my opinion, women should not drink alcohol for three reasons. First, it looks bad when women are drunk. You will say and will do everything by lose senses. It is very shameful. Second, drinking may ruin your future. You cannot protect yourself when you are drunk so you may have chance to be raped. You may lose virginity and be pregnant. You may out of school or university and may have abortion. Finally, drinking is not good for your health. Alcohol has affect to your health for a long time. If you drink it too much, you will fat and will be cirrhosis. If you pregnant, it will also affect to your baby. So women should not drink alcohol from these reasons. What is your opinion?
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I think, that nearly every argument, you found is not only suitable for women (okay, maybe the pregnancy and abortion should been left out...). Why ist there a difference between women drinking alcohol and men, who do so? Why is it worse, when women drink?

The second thing is.... of course alcohol is dangerous, if you drink too much, but in moderation it is like sweets. I guess there is no point in forbidding people, especially women, who (in my experience) are more responsible with( Sad that was the wrong preposition....) that topic, to drink alcohol. That's like a prohibition of coffee or something similar.

Greets, Anxi
liebe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see why is it that women should not be allowed to drink. Men get drunk just as much as women. Alcohol (in large amounts) is dangerous to their health just as much. I agree with what the person above me (Anxi) had said--alcohol is like sweets, if you know your limits and know how to drink in moderation, there is really no reason for you not to drink (except when you are pregnant, of course).

Another thing is that if a woman is drunk, it doesn't give a right to any man to rape her. The fact that so many men have this mentality, that if a woman is drunk it's ok to rape her, shows that there's a problem in our society, not that women don't know how to handle alcohol.
momo

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am not drink alcohols a lot but I think it is OK women drink alcohols. I agree with your third reason. I think alcohol does not any good for people�s health. �But don�t you think it�s same as men drink alcohols?? And also I think men look bad when they are drunk too. Don�t you think it is shameful too??
Drinking alcohols are not good for the health but I think it is all their responsibility how much they drink and if you haven�t drink much you don�t make any trouble with men and also can have a fun time with your friend. So I dont think "women should not drink alocohols".
Hope you�ll understand my opinion. Thanks.
chouka

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Women with alcohol drink Reply with quote

I don�t think that woman should not drink alcohol. It is same things that drunken man and women, because I often see man who drunk and doing stupid things. I think drunken men do shame things as well as women. If someone, who drunk, got pregnant, it is her fault, I think. Of course, I don�t think that we should not consider all fault on her, but she might have controlled that her limit. If woman know her limit, she can avoid rape. I agree your 3rd opinion. But if we know our limit, I think it is good for your health!!! In our country, the proverb says that alcohol is master of hundred medicines.
So, I think it is OK that woman drink alcohol.
kardin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's good for women drinking, it gives men so many chances to do what they want to do...
Angel Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!! often women pretend drunk to get that!!!!))))))))))))))))))
kardin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so ...someone told me...when a girl said no, that means she's saying yes...
Angel Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not always!
Starblue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY?????WHY WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOL????

WHY MEN CAN? WHY WOMEN SHOULD NOT???

IT'S UNFAIR.......
insane_warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely right!!! Every person (man or woman) can decide should he/she drink alcohol or not... It's their own business... And let women drink, let their be drunk like a men - it will be fair. Am i right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: