Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A rookie to the new department~~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Passerby

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: A rookie to the new department~~ Reply with quote

Today we have a greenhorn to this department. For her first day, everything to her is just new and unfamiliar and of course she has to undergo lots of arduos training programs from us. To her, this first day is tough.

I was once a rookie before I would become this experienced and ripe to the culture of this department. And, her presence deeply reminds me of my first day here. I couldn't do this well, I always got myself criticized by those vets. I always blew up the simplest task. I felt down, so uncheerful and blamed, my day was ending.

Yes, from her innocent face, I could distinguish her pressure and her sarrow. But, why? I recognize that it's never she's stupid, or she is a new comer, it's always us, we these old seniors. We are afraid of letting the pupils overtake our glory, our experience. We overdemand, attempting to give a lesson to let know, who the "boss" is.

Never feels good to be bullied, we this just happens to be the culture here. I loathe it, but I hate myself, I'm angry at my incapability to change this stereotype.

Tit for tat, maybe that's how they act like that. But, I only struggle to support you, and wish someday, when you become stronge and canny, likewise, please give a break to those timmid inters even though you know cast before it dries!

Passerby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: