Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Religion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ia021028

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Religion! Reply with quote

Hi! I’m Japanese. Do you believe a religion?
Most Japanese don’t believe a religion deeply. And Most Japanese don’t think that The god don’t exist.
I think that religion is useless. Without God, We enjoy our life. I think that following religious precepts is very inconvenient and, restricted to life.
What do you think?
pugachevV

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't believe that there is a god and that is what it boils down to.
I have looked at several religions and the only thing that seems to make sense is the idea behind Zen or Chan. These are said to be, a way of liberation.
I do not like to have my spiritual life organised by someone else and so I stay away from any so-called organised religion.
blackguy-n-Asia

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are all spiritual in some way and need an explanation for the reasons of life.
I believe that GOD exists....all I have to do is look around me and see that all this was CREATED by a sentient creature. Could a BIG BANG create beautiful sunsets which every human (and some animals!) enjoy? Every blade of grass, every shining star is a testamont of the CREATORS genius....we can't even begin to understand. Maybe this is the role of religion... to help us understand the basic questions of life. Just an idea Very Happy
LucentShade

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one reason people believe in God or a god is because they want something more after death. Most religions have some kind of eternal afterlife, where people can go on "living" forever, rather than being left to decompose in the ground and forgotten.
alex_007

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plz remerber this, some questions we can never find the CORRECT answers because its out of our human knowledge & no matter how hard you try , you will always get diffierent answer from other people and you will always wonder why and be borthered with the question. why not stop for a little while and look at the green green grass , then you will find what you want in your heart !

----Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: