Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoking while walking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellgineer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Smoking while walking Reply with quote

What do you think about smoking while walking?
In my opinion, smoking should be banned in public places for many reasons.First, it is dangerous for smokers. Cigarette contain a lot of poisons such as nicotine.Smoking affects for smokers'health. They may face cancer if they smoke too much.For example, nowadays it has many people die because they smoke always.Second,it is dangerous for secondhand smokers.If you smoke in public place such as at the bus stop, at a park or shopping center, steam from cigarette will disturb other people there. The smell of cigarette is so terrible. It will make secondhand smokers annoy.Third, it bring about pollution into air.For example, some of pollution in the air comes from cigarettes steam. Somebody do not put it to a trash can, it will make pavement dirty.In conclusion, smoking in the public places is not an elegant habit and it will make other people irritate. Do you agree that government should forbid smoking in public places?
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a thread about smoking.
See http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/student/viewtopic.php?t=2281
Passerby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: They got fire while they still walk in ease~~~ Reply with quote

I personally assume that they are the scaries creatures on the world. What could be puffing around on the open, threatening people around it, and still feel cozy with its *beep*?

Let's cut off the second-handed smoke, I wanna say, though admittedly I smoke too, how come people need to take a cigeritte while walking on the streets? Does that really make you feel comfortable or that jsut manifests you are someone important?

Though I'll admit that I'm also under the control of nicotine but this control isn't that much overwhelming. As I smoke, take a remote area and "enjoy" it. that's pleasure. Because I knew, years back I was a smokephobia, how second-handed smoke would make you puke. I thought to myself, smoking could be graceful. Hold on a sec..., why I said this?

As everybody could tell that smoking only does you harm and weakens you at any matter, there's no right to ask for more tolerance for this chronic suicide not to mention to impose others to together enjoy your smoke. Please, give those non-smokers a break as they have been giving us a overexcessive tolerance....for this nicotine drug!

Passerby
LucentShade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea for health purposes, but it does place heavy restrictions on smokers, and would be difficult to enforce. Out in open, public areas, I don't think that secondhand smoke would be as dangerous as it would be in an enclosed space like a bar or a plane.

Last edited by LucentShade on Fri May 14, 2004 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
namison

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that smoking during walking is very bad, too.
The heat of top fire is about 800C. Sometimes walking man or woman's arm that has cigarette is dangling. So a cigarette is low position. If a child walks near by him or her, a cigarette may touch child's face. It is very terrible thing.
Sometimes a person says to a smoking people, "This is a no-smoking zone." Noticing is good thing. But sometimes a smoking people storm at a person who notices a smoking person. I think that people who are nervous about smoking people are increasing. Smokes from cigarette are worse than smokes that are inhaled. Nonsmokers or passive smokers are angry about smokers. Especially, passive smokers have high risks of dying from lung cancer, etc.
I go to the university but some students smoke cigarette outside. For movement, I walk outside but I dislike smoking students and smokes.
Smoking is worse than useless but why people want to smoke cigarette? I cannot understand.
kukai

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: smoking while walking Reply with quote

I think smoking while walking is bad, too. Because many people are in danger of skin burn. It is also dangerous for children to touch their eyes, and they loss of their eyesight. What is more, we smoke sidestream smoke automatically. The people who breath sidestream smoke is more dangerous than people who smoke cigarettes. Many people breath sidestream smoke because of people who smoke while walking.
I think the government should make a new law that prohibit a smoking while walking. Now there is a new law that name is "kenkouzoushinhou". This means that people must not smoke except ashtray exist at public facilities. But this law is not succeeded, because sidestream smoke hang in the air and people who don't smoke breath it.
Like these, tobacco is not good for people who don't. And the number of people who don't smoke increase. So the government should make new law and we make them stop smoke while walking.
akko

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Bellgineer Smile I approve of your opinion. I think that smoke is worse than useless for health of smoker. Smoke is individual freedom, but there are people who ill-mannered in public place in fact.
Yesterday, when I climbed the stair, a man climbed front of me smoking as he walked. As often as he put down his hand which have cigarette, I afraid his hand, because there are lighting cigarette before my face. In Japan, smoking while walking is matter thing in society; especially, risk of lighting cigarette for children. I have heard that a boy touched cigarette and he burned his face. It is terrible thing!
Therefore, I think that government should make more strict low for smoker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: