Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Horrible Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: revenge Reply with quote

liebe wrote:
Sometimes I feel that my life is so worthless, that there's nobody who would care if I'd die, why should I live, then? Do you think I'm crazy? I believe that many people have those moments, when they just feel sick of everything and want to end this once and for all. It's just that most of them won't admit it. I realized something about myself. That I don't really want to die, that I want a "revenge". I want to "revenge" those people who weren't nice to me, to "revenge" life itself for not being nice to me, to "revenge" this world for making me feel so alone sometimes. But the fact is, that I won't "revenge" them by killing myself. I'll only revenge myself. This thought keeps me alive through the tough moments of life.

Not everyone we met are being nice to us that we might already discover in our childhood. I was prepared for it when that happened, and I did not beg for it. When I was very young, sometimes I would give way to feelings and did bad things to hope it would be sweet if my pride was being hurt. But it was not anyway, by learning a lesson from my dark side.

It's kind of sad to know that some people ending their life are because they feel like quite such a waste of space or suppose that in the world nobody loves them. But instead of choosing death, why don't they give themselves a moment to think why they would have ended like this? They may find there have some truth at the heart of it that they don't want to face.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
But instead of choosing death, why don't they give themselves a moment to think why they would have ended like this? They may find there have some truth at the heart of it that they don't want to face.

I think, that is one side of the coin. The other side is, that it is also possible, that they don't find this "truth", but a lot of emtiness in their hearts, because of the fact, that they ended like this is not their fault. There are a lot of situations in life, you can't chose. So what would you do, if you were living in a country (e.g. in Africa) of civil-war-like situations? If you saw your mother being killed, your house burning? What would you do, if you were walking around and the whole world seemed to scream the name of your mother and you saw her face in every broken window you passed......

Last edited by Anxious Heart on Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
wing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

The other side is all for the dark side of the world?
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really.... maybe this side contains a kind of darkness, that follows you, wherever you go. A darkness, you can't escape from. Sometimes death seems to be more comfortable than life.... just because life is the most uncomfortable thing, you can think of.
liebe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I feel so too, that death is just so much easier than life. Somehow, I was always strong enough so far to resist this temptation. The thought that it's a challenge, to live on, despite all the bad things that happen to me, is what keeps me alive. The knowledge that few people would care if I die also keeps me alive... I always try to think "they hate me, want me to die--but I just won't give in!" The surprising thing about suicide, is that it seems to be more dominant in Western developed countries than in the poor Third World ones. Is it because the people in Africa are mentally healthier than us? Or is it because their society isn't as stressful as ours? Think about it. We need to work hard, to care about our image, our reputation, about how we look, the money we earn, we need to get married (because someone who isn't married is considered "weird" in our society), to raise children... We have so many things to think of, all the time. So much stress. We spend so much time working that we hardly have any time for our friends and family. But in Africa, all you care about is finding something to eat, about remaining alive. People die all the time, they know that they might not survive the next hour anyways, so they don't see any reason to kill themselves.
jameswong

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am james, could you give me some opinions? please give your opinions at titles {is new techology increasing the human health?} . that is under topic opinion.thank you.
MAGGIEQQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: :o Reply with quote

:( they are fool and stupid. Love is not died. I will not hope the people i love die for me ..................
How can they know they will be together after they died?
:o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: