Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

time to relax, or time to learn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Passerby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: time to relax, or time to learn? Reply with quote

This is another weekend right at the corner, and you are about to get a two days of release from the daily routine work and the over-pressured world, what would you plan for this upcoming escape?

Well..., I think it's might be a bit serious and a bit demanding to request myelf for some organized or planned schedules to follow if I would tentitively ask myself to carry out something for this plan. What would this be? Another two days of non-memory life? Or another two days of compact life? that's gonna be a struggle and somehow a fight that most of the time you would tend to lose to your negative devils.

I uesd to take weekends as the most important time to learn and to gain some more knowledge but nowadays, things have changed. My weekend has got disgraced and downgraded and life quality has sharply plunged. But, there's always a say that lingers around my mind whenever I'd be wasting my weekend time It always goes convince me to let go of myself and get astray into the corrupted lifestyle. Watching TV makes me realize that I'm "doing" somehting; Sleeping well comforts me I'm "treating" myself equally; being in a deep trance "enables" to know how valuable time and life is......, sigh...

You'll never know how this kind of living pattern started to invade all of yourself and you'll never understand when you'd be saying I've conquered this enemy. This is something easy to tell but something difficult to make a change overnigth.

Maybe I dropped my conclusion too absurdly or maybe I've cut to the core of problem. How do you think about this?

Passerby
echopast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Passerby!
I'm afraid that it depends.
Every holiday for the same person may have its different form.
I mean that it is at you fingertips.
As for me ,I'd like to have a well-planed holiday according to my own conditions.
I did experience your feeling about being defeated by your own negative devils and I believe everyone is experiencing or once experienced it. But I also believe that if you always keep the precious respect for nice things in life, and have resort to your own perseverence,courage and self-confidence-------all the positive factors in yourself, you'll find that you can defeat devils .
Believe me ,'cause I have being trying many many times to give up my bad habits. You see, though it is a little hard , I find the battle is worthwhile for my personility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: