Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you could live forever, would you and why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piROSEnk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: If you could live forever, would you and why? Reply with quote

If you could live forever, would you and why?
lioness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thanks. I would like to live for a long time, but life without end would become boring. Or I would miss the old world of my youth- e.g. when my grandma was young, she lived in one town and moved to the other. When she was seventy someone proposed her to visit that town. She refused because she missed the "old" town which she remebered; she was afraid that she might not recognise that town, which had changed dramatically.
Fortunately we don't have to make such a difficult choice!
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if living forever was not under the same rules as living the temporary existence? what if things no longer wore out- produce kept getting larger and sweeter-friendships just got deeper and richer- minds became sharper and more interested, and interesting puzzles were solved one after another that had always seemed impossible. each day was a step of new discovery, where curiosity did not wear you out but waved you on. do i have to say why i would like to live that type of forever?
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question, rose-in-pink...
Excalibur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to change the topic " I dont like to live forever" but otherwise I would like to be joung during all of my life ( 75 years of the expecting life in the development countries),Iin this case I want to celebrate always my 25 y.o birthday. It was the aged when I began earn a good enough salary and enough younger as well to make many things.
Very Happy Very Happy
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so would you put your memories on hold, and not make new ones?
would it be like the song," those were the days, my friend i thought they'd never end. we'd sing and dance for ever and a day. we would live the life we choose, would fight and never lose- those were the days; ah, yes, those were the days..."
i like the thought of new memories adding to old ones like present sun rays deepen the warmth of the previous ones. would i like to live forever? i think the 'me' inside will live forever though the present body may someday give way, and let the inner me step out to new adventure.
yo_yo_gal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic reminds me of the movie 'pirates of the carribean sea'... wot to say ?? ey people , if you have watched it.. then you can get the picture.. : ) ..
almasy42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: If you could live forever, would you and why? Reply with quote

No thanks, that would be really tiring and depressing.All�s well that ends well
Honey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to IF AND ONLY IF this world would change. That's why I'm expecting God's actions to solve this puzzle of world we have.

With no violence, illness, death and suffering, I'll accept your proposal. Wink
lusaziel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't. Life is worth living just because it's short. I wanna die early.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: