Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you? Reply with quote

What was the scariest experience you ever went through?

Tell me about it.

P.S. Advice to students who are frustrated and unhappy with their progress in language learning. http://www.esl-education-network-online.com/SpeedEnglish
jacq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: r u sure u wanna noe bout it? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
it might not be scarriii 4 u ...coz happens to me and my frenzzz....Anyway, i'm jacqueline..........i told the story to one of me cuzin.....he waz frightened to death....welll.....he got a nightmare that knight....booo....
Twisted Evil
Tonester

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Earthquake! Reply with quote

Well I'm a victim of the recent earthquake in Japan and the continuous aftershocks as well as the original trauma is scary enough. I though I was going to die!!!

For all the Japanese people here studying english, I live and work in Ojiya teaching english at Ojiya Junior High School.
Chyna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was serious injured when my train exploited. It was horrible.
blackadder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believed my dream was true! Laughing
Takahashi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once broke into a very huge abandoned house. It's been the day that I strolled around for fresh air in the evening that I caught sight of a very huge abondoned house. The size of the house is remarkable, particularly looked more like a Roman court than a house. What a great building! I thought to myself it must be great to view the sight from its rooftop ,so I decided to climb the fence and enter the building. Unfortunatley while climbing, I spotted an old man looking straight at me! We were both in silence. As abruptly as it started, the old man quickly walked away, leaving me on the fence.
guDga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had this dream.
Someone was shooting at me and I was running from bullets. I was very tired, there was nowhere to run and they were still shooting... And then I woke up.
It was a very short dream and a pretty stupid one, but I have never been so scared in my life.
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was born
Freakerz85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmm i'd say ... my suicide .... i was really going through hard time and .. yeah .. it was freaky ... how i felt my heart beat getting lower and lower and how i was gasping for air .. i didnt care much about life itself at that moment but lets just say .. i was scared ...
eclipse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal story of depression
I had 2 horrible events in the same year... 2004.

The first was the 15th January 2004.
That was the day my 5 year old boy was diagnosed with A.L.L., a Leukaemia. The doctors took us to a quiet room, and I thought, "Just give my boy some antibiotics... it's probably a bacterial infection, that's all." But no... his fever was one of the symptoms of having blood cancer. When the doctors told us... it was like an electric shock moving from the top of my scalp, down my back, and through into this sick feeling in my guts. This might sound trite, but it was like those times in high school when you are being silly in an unattended class, and the teacher suddenly barges in yelling, "David Lankshear what are you DOING!?" Shock. Fire racing across your skin. I kept feeling like I had to apologize to the doctor, as if I had done something wrong.

This is Harry on chemo.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~toobusy/index.htm
and our story is at this blog... but warning � we are Christians and talk about the experience as Christians... I don't want you to think this is some kind of "back door" evangelism. But all the gory details are hear.... we only occasionally "get metaphysical".
http://lankshearnews.blogspot.com/

Then the second event was 7 months later... the 5th August 2004.
I was depressed (Leukaemia stress.)
I had been taking an SSRI drug called Zoloft to "help" with my depression.
I browsed the net to try and learn about renewable energy and our glorious future in a techno-cornucopian Star Trek high tech sort of vibe. In other words, I wanted to know something cheery about the world to take my mind off depression and Leukaemia, and renewable energy seemed as good a place as any.

And by looking up renewable energy I found the following site. www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net which states, quite clearly...

Quote:
Dear Reader,

Civilization as we know it is coming to an end soon. This is not the wacky proclamation of a doomsday cult, apocalypse bible prophecy sect, or conspiracy theory society. Rather, it is the scientific conclusion of the best paid, most widely-respected geologists, physicists, and investment bankers in the world. These are rational, professional, conservative individuals who are absolutely terrified by a phenomenon known as global "Peak Oil."

At first I laughed. Then I read some more. Then I tried to disprove it. Then it registered. Industrial agriculture, our very food... depends on cheap oil. 10 calories of oil & gas energy makes only 1 calorie of food energy. Just Google "Eating Fossil fuels" to see what I mean.

It was too much for my brain to cope with. First Leukaemia and depression, and then the Zoloft backfired when I "found peak oil". If there were sounds effects for psychological trauma... I think mine would have been a loud "BANG!" as my mind broke. I was weeping for my potentially starving kids within 2 hours of finding that website.

Normally I need about 8 hours sleep a night or I gradually wind down. I became manic. I jumped up with my heart pounding at about 5:30 am every morning, and every spare moment in the evening was spent searching the internet till late at night�. 1:30 am the next morning. Then I�d do the same� day in day out. Harry was still going into hospital for frequent check ups� and developed a fever and then had to stay in for weeks.

I felt I had to save Harry from both cancer, and the potential end of civilization! I was just sure �Mad Max� was coming! Now, I have a little bit more hope. The bottom line is, there is a VAST difference between a �Greater Depression� and Mad Max. Things will get nasty economically, but I don�t think anyone will starve� in the powerful first world anyway. I pity many poorer 3rd world countries that might not be able to outbid us for oil. Oil agriculture feeds probably 4.5 to 5.5 billion people on earth� I haven�t seen an exact study, but even much of Africa is fed by oil.

So there you have it. On the bright side� at least I used my manic state to teach myself web design!

Check out www.eclipsenow.org for my latest.

www.eclipsenow.org � Welcome to the end of the oil age!

SiR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a Ghost Twisted Evil

SiR
- www.WhoMakesYouSick.com
Snake777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMEONE STOLE MY BIKE WHEN I WAS 10 !
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. i was sooo mad and really depressed 'cuz it was my fav bike that my parents bought for me .
admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A car drove against me.
Georgie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest thing that ever happened? Bush won the election twice.
Drew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time that when I suddenly woke up to find the Lamp for our Aquarium was flickering. It was around 4:12am, and I was sure my dad usually unplugs the lamp before everyone sleeps. I stood up and went to the aquarium to check if the Lamp was plugged, but to my surprize... the lamp switch was at the OFF position and it wasn't even plugged in the electric socket. Shocked

Yet still....the lamp flickers.

Out of fear, I ran back to my bed... but I couldn't sleep at all. I just tried not to look at the aquarium till I was finally able to sleep. I was pretty sure I wasn't dreaming at all, I was aware of the time when it all happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: