Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

presentation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muni

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: presentation Reply with quote

if I have to do a presentation then to start my presentation what should I say that
i'will be presenting on .........
or
my topic of presentation is ........
or both of these sentences are correct.
regards
muni
obelix

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you are doing a presentation. There is no need to say, "I am doing a presentation on Planet X" or whatever it is about.
Just start right in on the subject. "Planet X; dark, mysterious, full of little fuzzy green men."
etc.
muni

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but other people dont know about my topic,so to tell them dont we have to mention the topic of our presentation,
and to introduce I say that "i will be presenting on Planet X"
if there is any better way of intruduction then please tell me
pugachevV

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us an idea what your presentation is about.
I agree with obelix that you need not say that ,"This is a presentation about..." but you can if you want to. It's a bit lame though.
I guess you will be standing in front of a group of people, such as a class or business group?
If you were talking to people about life insurance you could start off by saying, "Life insurance is a complete waste of money." If that's what you thought. This might shock them into paying attention but you then have to go on and prove your thesis, or turn it around to show that people who think like that about life insurance are wrong.
A presentation is really a spoken essay, so you approach it like that. If you have visual aids, such as pictures, graphs, etc., it helps, too.
muni

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have made me really confused,I have a class presentation,and I have no idea how to start this presentation,I have seen people introducing themselves and their topic before they say something ,
I think I am not able to convay my idea properly,and I am sorry for the trouble.
regards
muni
obelix

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The object was not to confuse you, muni.
If it is a class project, I guess everyone takes their turn standing up in front of the class to give a presentation?
The teacher might say " Muni, let's hear your presentation."
You stand up, full of nerves and say "My presentation is about Planet X." (Or whatever )
You can do that if you like but it is superfluous. Just jump straight in and tell them about Planet X.
It is a better way.
muni

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for help.
I think I need to practise english,I am really bad.
thanks again for your help.
regards
muni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: