Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astral Projections?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assambar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Astral Projections? Reply with quote

Hello Everybody!

What do you think about astral projections? I mean, voyages of your mind outside your body! I have started to practice this some weeks ago, but I have not much progressed in this time. Can anyone give me some advice?

Ass
Freakerz85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did it work ? any luck ? IM REALLY interested !!
sandyshores

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your mind is housed inside your skull for a reason. It's just the nature of things. But then again, the power of the imagination is quite large. Just make sure you don't get lost on your journeys!
+Immune+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assambar, what can we advise you....

Have you tried smoking weed? I guess it might help Cool Very Happy

Well, um.. "Never open the refrigerator when you're bored" Smile
pepes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: In my experience... Reply with quote

I ate peyote. It contains silusibina, don�t know how to spell it. Anyway, ever since I have gotten out of my body in several occasions. And believe me, it�s insane. I have gone mad. You don�t know what your other self is doing and it makes you crazy. I quit eating peyote and I continue having those experiences, I call them paranormal, and I can not get rid of them.
In the end, I�ve always ended up in a psyquiatric hospital to get to normal, I am bipolar, maniac depresive. Doctors don�t know what they talk about, they don�t believe my experiences are truth.
But..., to tell you the truth, it is enjoyable.
However, I am not capable of mantaining an steady job, because I get in trance, maniac, or depart from reality. To a world of dreams.
Jos� Luis Saavedra, from Mexico City.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pepes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: I need to go deeper on this... Reply with quote

To start with, it is not your mind that goes out of your body. It is your other self. Most of the times to go out of your body, you need to be asleep, before you get in deep sleep. When you are not completely sleep. It is not easy to get out of your body, you need your other self to help you. It draws you out, and most of the times it is to show you something. Once you are out, you see your body in bed, and you feel normal, as if you were in your real body, but you are that other self.
I have also seen my other self in my chromated lamp, there I was able to see him, walking, doing things, with other persons that I have never known.
Meditation will help you get your mind at ease and start your development of that other reality.
If you really want to learn about this, I recomend you read to Carlos Castaneda. He is an antropologist who studied an old Chaman from the Huichol culture. He has a series of at least nine books, I stoped at the fourth, the first one is called "Las ense�anzas de Don Juan", The teachings of Don Juan. Or you can also read to Victor Sanchez with the book "Las ense�anzas de Don Carlos" The teachings of Don Carlos, refering to Carlos Castaneda. It is a lighter reading.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
X-files

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: I need to go deeper on this... Reply with quote

pepes wrote:
To start with, it is not your mind that goes out of your body. It is your other self. Most of the times to go out of your body, you need to be asleep, before you get in deep sleep. When you are not completely sleep. It is not easy to get out of your body, you need your other self to help you. It draws you out, and most of the times it is to show you something. Once you are out, you see your body in bed, and you feel normal, as if you were in your real body, but you are that other self.
I have also seen my other self in my chromated lamp, there I was able to see him, walking, doing things, with other persons that I have never known.
Meditation will help you get your mind at ease and start your development of that other reality.
If you really want to learn about this, I recomend you read to Carlos Castaneda. He is an antropologist who studied an old Chaman from the Huichol culture. He has a series of at least nine books, I stoped at the fourth, the first one is called "Las ense�anzas de Don Juan", The teachings of Don Juan. Or you can also read to Victor Sanchez with the book "Las ense�anzas de Don Carlos" The teachings of Don Carlos, refering to Carlos Castaneda. It is a lighter reading.

Astral travels are a very interesting thing. I know many things, but I don't know to spell them. First of all, remember one thing: you will be completely quiet. Good luck for a exceptional experience!
manolita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: ASTRAL PROJECTIONS Reply with quote

hI I'm spanish girl and I would like to say something that happens ten years ago when I was nineteen .I don't know exactly if was an astral prejections but.. I was sitting at stairs with my boyfriend and suddenly my buzzing in the ears and could see me outside my body I was in two places at the same time but I couldn't go anywhere.I was very afraid and come back my body.do you understand me?
laus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i think you were in astral plane.. That's amazing, isnt' it?
sidrao

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to some Indian meditation teachers, dreams are some sort of astral projections.

But I don't think so. Just close your eyes and imagine whatever you want.
Imagine that your body is floating in front of you and you have an "astral projection". Wink

No War.
alejalizalde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I need to go deeper on this... Reply with quote

[quote="pepes"]To start with, it is not your mind that goes out of your body. It is your other self. Most of the times to go out of your body, you need to be asleep, before you get in deep sleep. When you are not completely sleep. It is not easy to get out of your body, you need your other self to help you. It draws you out, and most of the times it is to show you something. Once you are out, you see your body in bed, and you feel normal, as if you were in your real body, but you are that other self.
If you really want to learn about this, I recomend you read to Carlos Castaneda. He is an antropologist who studied an old Chaman from the Huichol culture. He has a series of at least nine books, I stoped at the fourth, the first one is called "Las ense�anzas de Don Juan", The teachings of Don Juan. Or you can also read to Victor Sanchez with the book "Las ense�anzas de Don Carlos" The teachings of Don Carlos, refering to Carlos Castaneda. It is a lighter reading.[/quote]

Yeah i recomend you so bad to read that book, but the culture was tolteca.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: