Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about human cloning?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISATO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: What do you think about human cloning? Reply with quote

The agreeing people said it will be good for human. It can be used for patient with internal disease. And most of them said we make only internal organ. On the other hand, disagreeing people said it will be not only making internal organ. They will be making human in the future. And it becomes big problem by cloning people and natural people. I support this opinion. Please think. Cloning will be always good for human? If we made own clone, he or she will give us his internal organ? I don�t think so. Clone is the same human. They have mind too. Then what will they think? What will they do? They are same as us, but not same. They have own opinion and own body. No one can deprive him of his life. We have to live with him. Then we have no reason to make own clone. Especially who love own self. So I disagree with human cloning. What do you think?
ayu-sakura

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,ISATO!
I agree with your opinion. I am also opposed to produce human clones.
This is human right problem. We have to think about lives seriously.
foxieladie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is wrong to clone an entire human body as what you said was right they would be the smae as us with a consious and mind of there own but i feel that if we could develop a way of just cloning the essential organs that we need that would help in our development of curing deiseases that we havent been able to yet. i have just had to do a paper for my A level biology teacher on cloining i thought that it was a good paper to do as there are so many differnt oppinions.

yours sincerly Hannah
nitangel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read many books concerning cloning. Most are just opinionated books and the rest are fiction. Can't argue about its advantages such as donation of internal organs and such. But there's also the human rights thing where it's wrong because they only have a dna print that came from you but they have a totally different personality. Why not just clone a human being but the clone will stay asleep forever or until he's needed? Like a "stasis" stage where you're literally in a coma but you're growing.
I blame your pious smile
http://www.necromanticangel.uni.cc
steward_kmuttt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion,I disagree with human cloning for two reasons.First human cloning is immoral,such as cloning internal organs for commerce in stead of for patients with internal disease.Second,human cloning is not accepted in the society.Most people disagree with creating human.It becomes a problem in society,such as cloning for sell organ.In conclusion,cloning is useful in medical science but it becomes a big problem.what do you think about human cloning

Shocked
NanaimoGirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you cloned a human, you would get a disease in a few days and die so I don't think it's worth it. I don't like this idea. But then again, I see the world differently...
coke7590

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate that... i hate the cloned human...
because all human are special... it canot cloning.
Hardi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great, we can justice dead criminals. we can clone every dictator from history, and then make dead penalty for them. Isn't that great!
admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can clone 1000 of Einsteins to set up a new inventor's factory.
admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can also clone 1000 of Angelina Jolie's for prostitution, well, cloning is good.
stellara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to speak of your favourites, he? Cool Laughing
that's the question, if you'd clone Albert Einstein, then you have a person with the same genes, but who says that it's only the genes which made the genius Einstein?! couldn't it have been also the environment in which he grew up, the friends with which he could exchange his thoughts?
so it's not given that if you clone Einstein you'll get the same genius man!

Hardi wrote:
It's great, we can justice dead criminals. we can clone every dictator from history, and then make dead penalty for them. Isn't that great!

okay, where's the sense in that?! depends on your opinion of death penalty, but I see it at maximum as a chance to get rid of real bad criminals. if they're dead, there's no sense of death penalty anymore, so why cloning them?! Rolling Eyes

NanaimoGirl wrote:
Well, if you cloned a human, you would get a disease in a few days and die so I don't think it's worth it.

how do you mean that? why should a person get a disease if he's cloned or clones?!

greets Wink

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NanaimoGirl wrote:
Well, if you cloned a human, you would get a disease in a few days and die so I don't think it's worth it.

how do you mean that? why should a person get a disease if he's cloned or clones?!

Think of that cloned sheep which lived a really long life.

Quote:
okay, where's the sense in that?! depends on your opinion of death penalty, but I see it at maximum as a chance to get rid of real bad criminals. if they're dead, there's no sense of death penalty anymore, so why cloning them?!

Yeah, perhaps, with a different education, these criminals could be ok again.
stellara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right, but in my opinion there's no sense in cloning criminals so that they could have a better life..
and this sheep, you mean dolly, don't you? I thought that it was not a disease but just a short life (I think you're ironic, because dolly didn't live very long.. aren't you?) because it was cloned from an adult cell so when it was born it was actually as old as the cell.
greets Wink

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
aoikokoro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human clones is a very dificult topic, I think make human clones is a enormous responsability and the actual society cannot control a situation like this, specially for the religion, at least %90 percent of the people around the world believe in God, and also in the human like a God creation.

Today I m oposeed to human clones, we cannot make humans and put they in this world, because many people will see the clones like monster without soul. But I believe in the good sake of science, I wish a future without prejudices , and if the world understood we will be able to use clone organs to cure horrible diseases...

And It is only my opinion, I dont want the others think like me.

Lisa Simpson
gron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the main question is whether we, humans, are ready to take such resopnsibility for cloning. That's ok to clone flies, sheeps etc., but to clone human - who knows the consequences? Modern technology isn't developed enough yet, and we can become "killers with intentions of doctors"...

I completely agree with those who tell that religious matter isn't less important that scientific one. I daresay it's much more important! We have neither moral nor religious right to create people in a way not provided by nature! I think that, unfortunately, cloning animals, plants, tissues etc. is inevitable, but I don't want to believe that cloning people will ever be carried out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: