Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favourite holiday?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: What's your favourite holiday? Reply with quote

In one year has many holiday such as New Year's Day, Songkran Day and Christmas Day.In my mind New Year's Day is the most special holiday for me because this is a long holiday but other holiday are only one or two days.Furthermore we can enjoy this global festival in anywhere and it's a good chance for sending card or gift for friend.The important reason is we can go to travel in suburb or other country in this holiday because our office are closed.So my family always go to travel in beautiful place such as the sea or natural parks.
Chonticha Uvimolchai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Favorite Holidays Reply with quote

My favorite holiday is Christmas Day. It is a long holiday, which we can travel around the world happily. It's the time for everyone to be happy and enjoy their lives. On this special holiday, we get to open our gifts from our parents or relatives and everyone is happy. Christmas Day is one of my favorite holidays, i think it's a great holidays!
eiab_eiab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Everyone, my name is Eiab and my favourite festival in my country is Songkran. Songkran is a very very fun festival that can make me relax with the water thrown by somebody else. I will be even more happy if I can play with my own family. Mostly, I spend time with my family, playing in these 3 days. It was very fun that I willmet all of my cousins today. We use water gun to squirt on other people. In the evening we will pour the water on adult hands (people we know) that we pay respect and wish for them.

Anyway, Songkran, in the old time did not allow people to use water gun or there are no water gun in that time. They will pour the water softly on other people or paint powder with mixing water on somebody else. In conclusion, I think songkran now is a bit more fun. Very Happy
CanadianMeg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite holiday is Valentine's Day. I believe that love is the most important thing in the world. Yes, some of you may say that happiness, friends, and family would be more important... But think about this: How could you be happy without love? To be happy about something is to love it. Also, if your friends and family make you happy, is that not based on love?
Sorry if I have bored you, but this is something that I am passionate about, and I believe that a day spent to celebrate love is a day well spent.
Have a great night! Very Happy

"As soon go kindle a fire with snow, as to quench the fire of love with words."-Shakespeare
apple+peach=watermelon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite holiday? Reply with quote

hello my fellows
iam Nancy come from China ,in my opinion ,my favourite holiday if summer vocation ,we have a long time to stay at home ,i can do anything if i want .so what a bout u
hamacahn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: My favorite holiday ! Reply with quote

I like Christmas. It's romantic. But,if I don't have lover,I will very very sad. But when I don't have lover,I make a hullabaloo with my frinds.Go to karaoke(singing a song)and take a purikura(photo seal).It's very fun.
But I appeared to be sad. If I have lover, I want to go Disney land.
Disney land is very fun and very beautiful at night. I want to buy many pooh goods. Just it, I'm very satisfanction.
Pitivut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I think Christmas and New Year's Day is my favorite because I can go to anywhere else for a long time. In that holiday, the seasons is in winter. I feel so good in this seasons. It's like a lazy seasons, haha. I usually go to Chiang Mai in this holiday and stay in my parents home. In the morning you can see fog around the city. I think Christmas and New Year's Day is the best holiday for me.
Tse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: holidays Reply with quote

My favourite holidays is Christams. beacuse in christmas i can receive more gift from my friends.
reo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hello!!Every one!!!
Nice to meet you Laughing
My favourite holidays is Christams,too.
What do you want to do on Christams day???
I'm going to go famous place to look at the night view Very Happy
Thank you Exclamation
weading

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like spring fastival
because i can get a lot of money from my parent and their friends~~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eleniel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm from Korea and I love our traditional holiday called Seolnal.

It's similar to New Year's Day, but the Seolnal follows the lunar calender.

We eat our traditional food, and we bow to elders and they give us money.

Another holiday I love is Chuseok, and it is our traditional holiday, too.

Best point of those holidays are that those are quite long - we have the

longest holiday except our vacations.

On Christmas or New Year's Day, we can just rest one day, so I don't

enjoy them much.
szmeill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was in school, i like winter holiday and summer holiday. they are very long and i have enough time to go home or go to travel. although spring festival and workers'day and national day are all very importent and be cared by people, i do not like them very much. during that period, too many persons go out to travel or go home to meet their folk. it is too crowd on the road. so when these holidays are coming, most time I will stay in one city and rest in home.
Nanchu Kids

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: I am Hirayana GYUNYU Reply with quote

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
hammmmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eiab_eiab wrote:
Hi! Everyone, my name is Eiab and my favourite festival in my country is Songkran. Songkran is a very very fun festival that can make me relax with the water thrown by somebody else. I will be even more happy if I can play with my own family. Mostly, I spend time with my family, playing in these 3 days. It was very fun that I willmet all of my cousins today. We use water gun to squirt on other people. In the evening we will pour the water on adult hands (people we know) that we pay respect and wish for them.

Anyway, Songkran, in the old time did not allow people to use water gun or there are no water gun in that time. They will pour the water softly on other people or paint powder with mixing water on somebody else. In conclusion, I think songkran now is a bit more fun. Very Happy

I understand what is the Songkran day, Who can tell me when is the Songkren day ? Rolling Eyes
tiffany=pinky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: haha~my name is pinky^^ Reply with quote

B(5)93AG008 Rolling Eyes
Hello. My name is Tiffany. My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. Because the love is very important in a person's life. I believed the love can let our life more colorful. Lover just as the sun always bright up our live. Maybe someone doesn' t like Valentine's Day because they are no lover. But undeniable everybody is full of imagining to this holiday, as if the candle light dinner and the present in Valentine's Day.
Anyway .I think on Valentine's Day can be with one's own favorite person .It is a very cheerful thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: