Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for students on choosing an English school
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Advice for students on choosing an English school Reply with quote

There are many good language schools, but there are also many bad ones. Here are some tips to help you choose a good school. I hope you find them useful.

1) If a school tells you will learn much faster than any other place be careful. You cannot learn English from zero in two months.

2) Be careful of schools which use a computer for 95% of the teaching. This is not the best way to learn. Some computer learning can be helpful though.

3) If you are going to study abroad, you must pay the full tuition amount to apply for a visa in some countries. Make sure you know what the refund policy is.

4) Be sure to investigate several schools in your area to find out which ones have qualified, experienced teachers. Ask students who have studied there before.

5) If you are going to study in another country make sure you understand the requirements for visas and study permits.

Good luck,

Corey

Last edited by Corey on Tue May 15, 2007 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sucupira

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tips Reply with quote

My brother is getting problems in a school in San Francisco.
Your tips are so helpful. But, do you know a good school in that area?
Thanks
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not in San Francisco. Try going to an internet directory like Yahoo. Look under cities -> san fran -> education.

There should be a list of all ESl schools.

Good luck,

Corey
kagila

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to go to Britain to study.so ,which school is the best.
kagila

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but my english is not very good,so i learn in ielts school.i hope pass ielts at 6 cents.
vilito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Corey, I have just arrived to this page, and I'm a little confused.
Excuse me, Can you tell me something about how does it work this site?
gear2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is english spoken among real americans different from textbook english?
I think if someone study all the time in classroom or in foreign country, he never know american-istic expressions.
For example, whenever i speak to white people, they seem to understand what i say once they figure out its meaning in their head first
Thats a huge embarrassment for me cuz i want to be treated like an american
And its hard for me to understand america's sitcom like friends.
I NEVER LEARN THAT KIND OF SNETENCE IN MY ESL CLASS!
vili

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

I don't undestarnd the last message. Why the americam people speak diferent?
Nicolas7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Advice for students on choosing an English school Reply with quote

Hello corey! I will go to study english to Orlando, Florida, in two months. I need to pass the TOFEL test. I'd appreciate if you could give some advice for where to study. I'll live in the south part of orlando.
Thank you for listen to me. I hope you can help me.
Tajik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Two years ago I chose the English Course in London in Cambridge School College. And there where some surcumstances which were not allowing me to go there and begin my studies. But the problem was that I have paid �2000 for the whole course and after changing my mind I could not get my money back. I emailed and called them several times but unfortunately no one didnt help me. I still bother about my money which I paid for nothing. Who could advice me what should I do in order to get them back.

I shall be very gratefull if you spare me a time and help me with my question.
minicat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the best important thing for you to find an appropriate school for English learning is that the schools you are going to attend must be authorized by the educational department.secondly, you should reserch some related imformation to school you want to attend either online or inquiring others who attended that school before.
advoca

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Corey's Advice Reply with quote

Corey: your advice is very sound. I hope many will pay attention to it.
dom2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: English schools Reply with quote

I believe the British COuncil still give accreditation to approved schools in the UK - these may be more expensive but they are checked up on and have to reach and maintain a certain level of quality. Not sure of the website butif you click around you will find one.
mir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Corey Smile ,I have just arrived to this page,an I'm little confused.Excuse me can u tell me somethung about how does it work this site.I never learn that kind of snetence in my esl class.Can you reply my message Smile Razz Confused Cool Laughing
anzu728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice for students on choosing an English school Reply with quote

Hello!!
Thank you for many advices Smile
I'm interested in studying abroad. And I' m thinking that I study abroad after graduate university. But I've not decided yet. Sad Sad
Please tell me what is the most important felling to study abroad. Very Happy Smile Laughing Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> English Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: