Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canada! ! ! !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3b class

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Canada! ! ! ! Reply with quote

If I get enough money I want to go to Canada to study English. Because I want to see the beautiful vast area of snow. It is very cold unlike Japan.
If I go to Canada I take many winter clothes.
What do you think??? Please reply soon.
I think that I want to go to Canada as soon as possible.
bud

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a worthy goal. If you bring warm clothes, I'm sure you'll love the country and the snow.
obelix

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the summer, (3 days in August) you can wear shorts.
nihonniikitai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Canada Reply with quote

Right now in Vancouver, it has been 20 to 28`C with a nice breeze fron the ocean, for many weeks now. Summers here are beautiful, not hot and humid like Tokyo, Osaka, and south. Sunshine and blue skies. Sure it rains here in winter, and sometimes even snows, but the cold places in Canada are East of here. Canada is a huge country (second biggest in the world) that spans from ocean to ocean to ocean, so it is really cold in some places. If you want to know more, ask me at [email protected].
allworknoplay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancouver is beautiful, only place in canada I have been. I am sure you will love it, very clean city.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations 3b,

I'm sure you will have a great time and learn a lot of English. If you tell me what city you're going to maybe I can give you a little advice. Very Happy

Contrary to popular belief Canada is HOT in the summer (May-Spetember). If you are going to Vancouver it will not be very cold in the winter, in fact you may need to go to the mountains to see snow. Fortunately, the mountains are very close.

If you're going to Toronto or anywhere else you should see snow. How much will depend on where you are and the climate.
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it's very nice in TO right now.
dduck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Contrary to popular belief Canada is HOT in the summer (May-Spetember). If you are going to Vancouver it will not be very cold in the winter, in fact you may need to go to the mountains to see snow. Fortunately, the mountains are very close.

Indeed, when I was in Canada a couple of years ago - July to August - there was a heat wave and people in Canada and the US were dying from the heat. Shocked

Iain

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
--Chinese Proverb
Roseray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Canada is an ideal place to further your study. The scenery is beautiful and quiet. There is not much entertainment. It is hard to find any computer game center, karaoke and Internet caf� etc. Most shops close at eight. The street is almost bare after nine. Most families are at home after eight and enjoy having dinner together. Only a few teenagers go out at night. It is really a perfect place for studying. Moreover, the University there is big and beautiful with modern and advanced facilities and there are plenty of books in the library. The weather differs from different regions. Vancouver is the best place where the weather is not too cold and it is not that remote compared with other provinces. Moreover, UBC is the famous university in Canada. However, the school fee and the cost of living are quite expensive. If you want to save some money, Alberta will be a good choice. Both school fee and living expenses are reasonable and affordable. But you have to endure such freezing cold winter with the temperature below 4 C.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roseray,

No offense but there is a lot of entertainment everywhere, not just in the summer but there are a lot of cool winter festivals as well.

Take care,

Corey
lina1985517

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: mee too Reply with quote

I hope I can to to Canada ,too, but actually I am in Australia now,I just chose here because the expense is less than in Canada,maybe one day I will go there for travelling,anyway,also welcome you to Australia.

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: