Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The notice of cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clover

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: The notice of cancer Reply with quote

Hi, everybody! I am a Japanese student.

My grandmother has terminal cancer Crying or Very sad . But she don't know that, because it considered it more fortunate not to know that she has terminal cancer.

Do you want to be notified if you have tarminal cancer ?
toomuch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I`m sorry to heard about your grandmother,Clover.
Take care.
Niether I`ve been noticed nor not to be. I`ll accept the reality.
aa702

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: brave to accept the reality Reply with quote

I agree with the up one
river1974

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding this question, I prefer to be notified. I have always wanted to be a man who can frankly face himself, even if dealing with the situation about death. Being notified of suffering from terminal cancer may be a great shock to me at the first time, but I think it's better for me to know the truth rather than being deceived. Since I still have many relatives and friends who are fairly concerned about me, I should get together with them well before departing from this life.
clover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a lot of replies.
I'm sorry that a reply became very late Sad

I asked to a doctor into what state people would lapse, if they are notified. There are two types. Those who think positively to how I will make a living, and those who wiil be in a depressed state and pass away with the state are needed.
My grandmother was a person who cared also a little poor health, so we decided not notify her.

This is a very difficult problem because a view changes with individuals.

In fact, she passed away. I'm very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
However, we don't repent having not notified her. She passed away without being notified and we regard her as fortunate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: