Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is popular star or musician in your country?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
namiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Who is popular star or musician in your country? Reply with quote

Hi, guys.
I'm investigating the popular figure. I'd like to know about difference
of popular figurebetween my country and other country.
So please tell me about star in your country, and what is the person
like.
I'm looking forward your answers!!
hsili00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I'm Korean

Are you Japanes?

So that you know Korean popular star BoA!! Very Happy

She has a new album

It's title song is "Atlantis Princess"

Her Panpage address:http://www.smtown.com/smtown/boa/
Mauricio Fernando Sosol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=24][color=darkred]hello, my name is Mauricio I am of Mexico, in my country regional music is the mariachi, trova and trios, all this music comprises of my country and of the people who conform it, I it would like that you sent an e-mail to me and you told me on your country. also we have artists like Luis Miguel, Carlos Santana, Thalia, Cristian Castro, Blond Paulina .

My e-mail is [email protected] Cool [/color][/size]
talent919

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Chinese.
This is the most popular star in Mainland.
barrymore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: really? Reply with quote

i'm a chinese, i don't agree with telent919,maybe Sun Nan is pouplar in the chinese mainland, but i think he isn't the most famous! Shocked
In my opinion, i guess Na Ying is more famous than him,in fact,nobody in mainland is the most famous in the world!maybe some stars in HKor TW are more famous in the other country! Do you know F4,they are very handsome! Razz
GAZE1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Im sure you all know who is famous here in the USA. But I love Japanese music too. In Japan these are famous...
Dragon Ash
DJ Krush
Ketsumeishi
King Giddra
Zeebra
Boa
M-Flo
Crystal Kay
RIP Slyme
Soul Scream
Utada Hikaru...
NottyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Who is popular star or musician in your country? Reply with quote

namiko wrote:
Hi, guys.
I'm investigating the popular figure. I'd like to know about difference
of popular figurebetween my country and other country.
So please tell me about star in your country, and what is the person
like.
I'm looking forward your answers!!

I'm from Puerto Rico, and while Ricky Martin was hot to a lot of people for a while, the guy that got much of the real respect was Robi "Draco" Rosa. He wrote a lot of the hit songs for Ricky, and after that became pretty sought after by other artists looking to collaborate with him. I like the music he puts out himself, though. It's of the hard rock/alternative type.

http://bmi.com/musicworld/features/200001/rrosa.asp
http://www.freshangles.com/diversions/music/articles/34.html
http://www.phantomvox.com/draco/bio.html
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=18035

I still have to give props to Luis Miguel as well, the singer Mauricio mentioned. He's got to have the best voice out there for a popular artist, and I *grudgingly* admit he's good looking to boot. Smile That's why he's so popular internationally.

http://www.lacasadeluismiguel.com/
http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1017989

Hope that helps.

Yo que te dicen sabio
sabio sabio tu ser�s
pero con tanta sabidur�a
y tu no tienes felicidad.

-Hector Lavoe
do_not_panic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm form Turkey. Have you heard about Tarkan ? this is our star. oh by the way also Sertab who winned Eurovision competition is our star.
takashikashibawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello NAMIKO!You are a Japanese,right?I like teh star TAKASHIKASHIWABARA in your country,could you tell me some latest news about him.In china we could not get the latest news!If it is convenient for you ,could we be friends?I'm now learning Japanese,so I wish to find a Japanese friend to help me!
black sea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm from Dubai

My favorite siger is Alwasmee

and this is his pic

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in Brazil there's a mix of music genders...

I'll try to describe the "musical profile" of people from Rio de Janeiro.

Middle-class people usually enjoy what we call "MPB" (M�sica Popular Brasileira), that might be translated as "Brazilian Popular Music". It comprehends artists such as Chico Buarque, Caetano Veloso, the current Culture Minister Gilberto Gil, and other artists not so famous but also very good. These artists in general are heirs of Bossa Nova, another very important "branch" in Brazilian Music.

Young people enjoy what young people from all over the world usually enjoy: British bands, American Pop stars and groups, Techno music (especially those who like raves), and a few Brazilian bands that usually are a mere copy of American bands.

Poor people who live at slums and far from the downtown usually enjoy Funk (whose origin lies in the American Funk, tough it became far different, been called by some "Funk carioca" - "carioca" is the word used to refer to people born in Rio de Janeiro city) and also Pagode (whose origin lies in the Samba music; but whereas the Samba is praised by our nationalists and intellectuals as a symbol of our cultural roots, Pagode is despised as something commercial and inferior).

Funk is a phenomena which managed to spread over some slices of the middle-class, especially young people, what sometimes make parents crazy.

Of course this is only my point of view, but I'm pretty sure that most people would find it accurate.
LeBron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

here in Germany we have some wellknown groups like "Die �rzte", "Die Prinzen" and "Rammstein".

Our german Popstar Sarah Corner is also very famouse (she's living in the USA I think).

Greetings,
LeBron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: