Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need to lose weight...fat fat fat.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lingling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: I need to lose weight...fat fat fat. Reply with quote

Hi! This is my first post!
I am a 19 year old Chinese girl ^.^

I really need to lose the holiday weight I gained...

Any tips? 5lbs would be nice...

Last edited by lingling on Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
fa6ma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its difficult to lose 5Kg in a week ...

your eating too much because of something and this thing is called emotional eating so try to fix your self and then excersice for an hour everyday and EAT LESS !!
lingling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 159cm tall.

I dance for exercise, but i can't stop eating because I'm so depressed.

Thanks for the suggestions ^.^
orange boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the most important is that you should insiste on doing excises and keeping a diet.
Rome is not built in a day Very Happy
ura

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: my experience Reply with quote

I�m 19 years old, and 4 years ago, I was fat, but now, I could succeed to decrease my weight about 8 kilograms. If you really need to lose your weight, you should stop to eat sweet, cakes, and all junk foods at first, and should also play a little something actives. If you keep playing only a little exercise and stopping to eat some sweets and junk foods, you can surely succeed lose weight in few years. However, if you want to succeed your diet at once, I can�t recommend this method. I wish you will succeed your diet.
kyupy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to lose wight, too!! I think food is very important, maybe. So, Icare my food. I eat Nattou, toufu,and drink soymilk.I want to lose weight by summer. Let's try together!!
Azaquiel

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lingling wrote:
I'm 159cm tall.

I dance for exercise, but i can't stop eating because I'm so depressed.

Thanks for the suggestions ^.^

There is nothing wrong with eating, but limit yourself to healthier foods like vegetables and fruits. Stay away from oily, fatty foods. Exercise intensively for at least for 30 minutes each day.

Don't depend on diet pills, or think that losing 5lbs in one day is healthy, because it is not. If you want to lose 5-10 lbs, expect it to happen for the period of a month or two. Anyways, good luck.

�����������������
stellar2000

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost about 30 kilometers in the past two years. exercise is useless, because it will enlarge your appetite and make you fatter than before. just have one meal a day and keep on for one month, you'll see what you become
Azaquiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stellar2000 wrote:
I lost about 30 kilometers in the past two years. exercise is useless, because it will enlarge your appetite and make you fatter than before. just have one meal a day and keep on for one month, you'll see what you become

That's simply wrong.. Your appetite increases through exercise because you are burning energy. And whether you become fatter or not depends completely on the amount and the type of food you eat. And the "fatter" part that you talk about is simply your muscles developing through exercise. And yes, it might add a few pounds to your body weight, but that is because muscle, in nature, being heavier than blobs of fat. A day lasts for 24 hours, and if you are eating one meal a day then you will really see yourself become malnourished. As a result, you will develop problems with your health which will accompany you for the rest of your life.

Having so many unfortunate people in third-world developing countries starve to death is already grave news, I don't think we need anymore than what we are already experiencing. Thanks.

I mean, if you were walking down the street, people would notice your body figure. Very little people would actually weigh the people they see in order to judge them on whether they look "good" or not.
And I think you had a typo with the kilometers.

�����������������
yui0119

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!! I am 18 years old Very Happy
I want to lose wight, too!! So, I try to diet, too!!
But...I like chocolate very much Shocked So, I can't stop eating:cry:
How I should done?? Rolling Eyes
sally-yy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like you.
I was fat before.But now ,every friends told me that I am not fat.
The way of lose weight is to keep yourself healthy life style.such as take a balance of diet. and not to sleep at night so late at night or stay up so late in the morning .
make the mail simple but nutrition.try to eat vegetable and fresh fruit everyday . and do some easy sport like joging .may be you can go to sc hool or home on foot .
they are my experience in lose weight
Jessica_zhang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read a way of losing weight from a magazine

It was said that you can decrease the quantity of every meal but increase the times of meal. But keep the total quantity as the same.

Maybe it's a good way
Spark2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of exercise and less of biting food is the best formula. Both are boring , I agree.
Do what I did. I have incorporated exercise in my daily life. I run to answer the doorbell and walk up the stairs whenever I can. I walk fast whereever I go. Small things like this helps you to do exercise without realising it.

Drink lots of soup at your meals, its healthyand fills your stomach ,plus stops you from eating too much.

Some people use herbal medicines, but I am not sure about them.

These methods don't look tooo difficult..do they?
tatoshka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can�t stress enough the importance of weight bearing training! Don�t just lose fat substitute it with muscle! Pump the iron!
inulilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
it seems people from around the world care about the fitness problem the same way.

In my opinion, 1st, we do not have to care too much about the weight, but we have to watch out and take control. our weight changes about 1kg over a weeks period, and pay attention to those changes so that we can take actions. in my case, whenever i sensed i am in a weight gaining process, i would diet a little bit, add more exercise(like running or walking fast), and by doing that, i found the weight would be well under control.

there is a theory, that if you fast a day every week, you can control your weight in a magical way. by that i did not say we can feed our stomach the other 6 days with fatty food and junk sweet deserts!

excerse plus regular diet is my way out of weight trouble, just try!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: