Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

could you help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brisa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: could you help me? Reply with quote

Hello people! I�m a new user of this incredible web site. I�m always trying to improve my English and I found this site a wonderful tool Smile

I would like to ask for a little help about this expression: " Come undone". Could me explain to me the meaning of it?

Thanks you very much! Very Happy

Quote:
bud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an idiom similar to another idiom: to lose one's cool. It describes the reaction of a person to something or someone. The person coming undone is not behaving as he normally does, perhaps exhibiting extreme emotions and/or not being able to think well.

E.g., Mary came undone when she learned her father had been rushed to the hospital.

Ben came undone at the meeting when everyone criticized his proposal.
brisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Bud,
Thank you very much for you precious help. Very Happy I�ve been wondering the meaning of this expression but untill you reply to me I did not find a good descriptio of it.
You made me happy Laughing

keep in touch Laughing

kisses
marksesl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: song Reply with quote

Wasn't there a song with the lyric "She's come undone"?

Anyway, please take a moment to visit my site at
http://marksesl.com

It's very comprehensive and an excellent starting point to view other top ESL sites on the Internet.

http://marksesl.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: