Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tell me about traffic in your country!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: tell me about traffic in your country!! Reply with quote

In Japan, many people use car and train and bus in our life. people do not use Taxi so much because of expensive. about , $6 to have a taxi first ride. So, I wonder what transport do you use in your countery? I heared lots of American use Airplane for move to another city. of course, we are not commn in Japan. and I also wanted know rule as well. Razz
Roseray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong is a small area. Of course, it is uncommon to take planes. We usually take bus, train, ferry, tram and taxi. Taxi is not uncommon to us though it is the most expensive transportation among others. In Hong Kong, no matter shopping and dining are cheap but transportation is quite expensive. Tram is the cheapest transportation in Hong Kong. If you are not in a hurry, you will take it as it is the slowest transportation and it also limits to some areas.
I like to take trains (MTR). It is the fastest and it seldom have traffic congestion. In Hong Kong, the traffic is very congested in peak hours. If there is an accident, it will take you more than an hour in the compartment to home.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic in Costa Rica is terrible. The roads are narrow and filled with potholes. At rush hour traffic is bumper-to-bumper. You're lucky if you can move 1km in 30 minutes. It is better when you're outside the capital city and surroundings.

Take care,

Corey
M�rcio Os�rio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic in Brazil (the country I have always lived in) calls for a lot of, well, legwork. Usually pedestrians have to walk across streets fast at the walk sign. Some motorists drive recklessly, some do not drive at all, some just think they own the roads. The slower one drives, the angrier the one behind him becomes.

People used to take pleasure in car driving. Now they suffer it gladly. I really think traffic in your country runs smoothily and orderly. Much more so than in my country.

Gotta run. I mean, walk! Smile
Daisy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic in China is very terrible, especially in big cities such as Bejing and Tianjin, etc. As to Tianjin, the narrow streets are filled of cars, buses and crowded persons riding bikes. So jam here is a serious problem urged to be solved by government.

Some cities of course are in good traffic conditions. For example, in Dalian, located at the north-east of China, the streets are all wide and cars and buses are in good orders.

In my opinion, a favorable traffic can make well mood, so that we will not go to work in the morning with a terrible emotion.
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I'm from america and I have yet to use a plane to move from one houser to the other. It's just too expensive. I usually drive. But since lots of people over here have lots of money, I guess they can move as much or as little as they like in aircraft. I rather like the Japanese system of transportation though. Oh well. I'll get there someday. Smile

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: