Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you control yourself in your dream?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flowerkill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you practice some meditation, you can control your dream even convert it what you want.But, why you want to control it? Dream is just dream, and,as you know, it is unrealsic,so let it bee.
Kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you often make some similar dreams?
I dreamed a place (a imaginary place) when i was a child,
however, I dreamed the same place years ago!!!!

and sometimes i dreamed that i fell from a tall buiding.

I talked about those with my friends in China.
How about you??
Bob S.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Lucid Dreaming Reply with quote

You are talking about Lucid Dreaming. It is somewhat related to actual Dream Control.
Here are links with some info.
http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html
http://www.dreamviews.com/

And, yeah, I've done it a few times. It is disorienting when you wake in the middle of it. Shocked
lioness

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I'm not able to control myself. However sometimes, when I realise that I dream, I can do it. Well, often I only try because my dream prefers to control me and my will is too weak to fight with it. It's quite frustrating, yet also it's funny.
Enhao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my dream is just like movie. and some of them funny some of them are not so good mostly I am in the story
A time I even had dream that I go on a date with a girl:Pwhich I never know but the feeling is great. You know it's dofferent from movies but I can't belive the dream can make you feel just like real. Laughing

And I think dream have a little portend about something or it's talking something you saw in the day or pass. If you have a good dream and you feel comfortable about that dream or you have a dream which make you can't remember the detail. these dream are can relax all your body and mind. And you will feel better next day
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enhao

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wa that's amazing after I read you guys' post I and Mr.bob's web side I have tryed once it's the same dream I have yesterday it's a sad finality but this time I can the thing I should do and I also try to make the finality become a good one it's hard but I am work hard for it at last I still didn't get answer yet because My dad call me get up and broken my dream I almost late for school! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I can controll my dream.
Once when I was small, I had a dream.
I don't remember exactly what the dream was about,
but at that time I thought that I was dreaming.
To prove it, I tried to controll the dream.
I tried to make a piece of test paper fly out from a notice board.
And I did it! But after that I woke up immediately.
Ana xinxin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: day dreaming Reply with quote

How to understand day dreaming and some you can think of something suddenly.. ... so I think there are different consicousness level and that compete to come up to your brainto think ,to associate.
chitty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: no Reply with quote

no,i cannot,everytime i think i was in the real time,it not a good thinking
kevinchiang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i can
but not many times~
it's very strange felling
a_lucky_penny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me tooooooooo
I can control my dream absolutely!
well ....... sometimes, when i dream about some hororr things, i may change is if i want, but... sometimes, i can even make myself out of that terrible dream. yeah~~~ i can remember how i did it !
It's just like...... closed my eyes in the dream, and told myself:" Wake up!Wake up! It's just a dream." And then... when i opened my eyes, i was in the real world, i saw the bed was still its normal shape......
whatever......
i had sooo much fun in my dream!
When i was litter, like 6-7years old.. i made myself out of the dream...
But now... I control my dream all the time.....
I never tried to get out it since 9 years old... I am not sure if I can't or just don't want to ....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Thou couldst desire no earthly thing/But still thou hadst it readily/Thy music still to play and sing/And yet thou wouldst not love me/Greensleeves now farewell adieu /God I pray to prosper thee /For I am still thy lover true /Come once again and love me
louis312

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: yes id o Reply with quote

Fat-Huntress wrote:
It Depends On how tired You are and how deep you dream while in your sleep.

There is a Level,Sometimes, when u sleep too long and ur half awake, u might be able to control your self in your dreams. though, u dont know that ur dreaming. instead, u think that ur really in the real world.

Sometimes, u can just control your feelings in dream but not control the character in it,u will feel like its like a coded machine by god and u cant control the character.

and yes, i do , i didnt control my character while in my dream, i just did control with my feelings , and my brain just automaticly do what im dreaming.

I totally agree with you. Smile
sometimes when i knew i was dreaming,
i would be do somethings that are illgeal...eg.fighting..
because of i was the host of the dream(can i express like this?),
i almost win Laughing
Think tank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, u can control what u dream upto a certain extent. Our sub-concious mind play a great role in our dreams. What u desire constantly and consistently gets embedded in ur mind and u recall it in ur dream.

I've met people in my dreams with whom there's no possibility in real life.

But sometimes, dreams become uncontrollable like nightmares, which can only be controlled in real ife.
ozzy60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think tht is possible
Danzilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, It is very possible. Im 27 and i've been able to control my dreams for years.. since i was probably, 15 or so. I remember and still will give it a mention to friends and most just look at me like im silly or dont believe me. I find it easiest to do this if you wake up, then as your trying to fall back asleep, just keep repeating to yourself that the next thing that happens is a dream. Also while your dreaming sometimes you will notice things that are not , in a sence, reality and can realize that your dreaming. Dreams are mearly your sub-concious thoughts. Hence, if your dreaming.. whatever you think.. happens. The problem with controlling your dreams, for me sometimes, Is that when you discover your dreaming, you become overly excited and can and will cause you to wake up. Sometimes you cant help this, esp depending on what your doing in your dream. Twisted Evil Best thing to do is to take it slow and try not to get too excited. The mind is such a powerfull thing. I love how, even though i know im dreaming, the dreams are almost so real.. that you can physically feel things. As someone said before, it is known as lucid dreaming and the link is a good website that if you are interested in doing this or trying to learn how. I strongly suggest it. I guess i've rambled enough on this subject. Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: