Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my favorite book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hobbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3b class

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: my favorite book Reply with quote

my favorite book is "bridget jones diary" Razz
do you know it?
it is so fuuny and agree. Wink
i like bridget 's character,and her doing everything i agree!!!
how do you think about this book"bridget jones diary"?
please reply!!! Laughing
guoguo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: my favourite book Reply with quote

Smile favourite?I really don't have a favourite.That doesn't mean I only read these uninteresting text books.In fact,I read as many as I can.As a result,i find so many interesting books.For example ,recently,I read a book written by Jingyong ( I don't kown how to spell it in English).It really attracks me a lot,it has more than 2000 pages, and I finished reading it in two days. some parents don't agree us to read books for fun,but I think it's good to do so .Every book can bring us knowledge which text books never bring us.they will open our eyes and make us more clever. Wink but we also should learn to control ourselves to read good books.In a word ,I love reading books.
Genjo Sanzo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the book yet. Have you read 'Dr Jekyll nad Mr Hyde'? Not a thick book but quiet interesting. The story is about a man with two different character. When he drink a potion, he can be a pure evil and when he drink the potion back, he will turn to himself. I really the book. Another book is 'The Phantom of The Opera'. Kinda love story. These two books are really interesting. Try it and you'll know it. I learn about those books in school. Even though not many of the students like it but I love english subject especially literature.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink I'm afraid that maybe I have read the book<Dr Jekyll nad Mr Hyde>,it's interesting and a little sad.I remember that the man died at last.but sometimes we also have two different character as him.but we needn't have the potion.No person is never kind or never evil.sometimes we find that our opinions now are quite different a moment ago.but I think it's usual.but one thing is ture. Evil or Very Mad A evil will never be always kind.of course a critic evil is impossible.maybe he will be kind in a second,a minute or even an hour,but it doesn't mean he is a kind man at the moment.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like this kind of book I recommend Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Take care,

Corey
Una

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest ,i don't like reading books, i have no enough paitent to read it , but i really apprisiated reading is a good habit. Rolling Eyes
ppkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: gone with the wind Reply with quote

My most favorite book is gone with the wind. I read this book for several times so that I can tell all the details. Razz
First time I knew this beautiful story is in a big cinema, I was deeply impressed by the film. The film is great and the music is wonderful!
I like Scarlett very much because she can live in all the cituations and she has never given up whe she met some difficulties&#65294; Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hobbies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: